Talk

Advanced search

Paying full price for baby?

(5 Posts)
Glitteryunicorn Wed 18-Jan-17 15:18:38

OK I'm probably being naive here but I've been looking to book a holiday for this summer 2 adults 1 infant <2 and have noticed the prices quoted are for 3 people full price.

I naively assumed as the baby will sit on our laps for any flights and doesn't add a bed or anything to the accommodation - cots seem to be charged extra locally - that we wouldn't be charged full price.

Is this right? Am I horrendously stupid for thinking a tiny person wouldn't cost £500 to take away for 2 weeks until they were a bit bigger shock

OP’s posts: |
MontePulciana Wed 18-Jan-17 15:21:52

Weird. Normally just pay for children above 2. Did you put the age in? Package holidays may work differently. I know airlines have a minimal fee.

Glitteryunicorn Wed 18-Jan-17 15:45:33

Yes 2 adults 1 infant <2 I double checked the search because I thought I'd put it in wrong.

Hersetta427 Wed 18-Jan-17 17:23:19

Mmm if it works anything like Thomson/FC then they just divide the total price by the number of passengers. You won't be paying(well maybe £20) for the infant but instead of showing adults price of £750 and infant nil they have just taken the total price and divided by 3 so it looks like £500pp. The way to check this is to do a search with just two adults - you'll probably see that there is very little difference in the total price.

Glitteryunicorn Wed 18-Jan-17 19:34:19

Ha yes you are right, I can blame sleep deprivation right! blush

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in