Talk

Advanced search

Paying full price for baby?

(5 Posts)
Glitteryunicorn Wed 18-Jan-17 15:18:38

OK I'm probably being naive here but I've been looking to book a holiday for this summer 2 adults 1 infant <2 and have noticed the prices quoted are for 3 people full price.

I naively assumed as the baby will sit on our laps for any flights and doesn't add a bed or anything to the accommodation - cots seem to be charged extra locally - that we wouldn't be charged full price.

Is this right? Am I horrendously stupid for thinking a tiny person wouldn't cost £500 to take away for 2 weeks until they were a bit bigger shock

MontePulciana Wed 18-Jan-17 15:21:52

Weird. Normally just pay for children above 2. Did you put the age in? Package holidays may work differently. I know airlines have a minimal fee.

Glitteryunicorn Wed 18-Jan-17 15:45:33

Yes 2 adults 1 infant <2 I double checked the search because I thought I'd put it in wrong.

Hersetta427 Wed 18-Jan-17 17:23:19

Mmm if it works anything like Thomson/FC then they just divide the total price by the number of passengers. You won't be paying(well maybe £20) for the infant but instead of showing adults price of £750 and infant nil they have just taken the total price and divided by 3 so it looks like £500pp. The way to check this is to do a search with just two adults - you'll probably see that there is very little difference in the total price.

Glitteryunicorn Wed 18-Jan-17 19:34:19

Ha yes you are right, I can blame sleep deprivation right! blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: