Talk

Advanced search

holiday with older children

(10 Posts)
Brighteyes27 Tue 17-Jan-17 14:34:34

Inspiration wanted for August please. Family of 4, older children girl 12 boy 13, adults want some relaxation time with book/kindle warmer than northern England (and time as a family), safe area, main bed for adults and two single beds for kids, kids like to friends on hols, like eating out, alternate between relaxation and doing seeing things but possibly more of the former. DS quite sporty DD more into swimming and craft. Ideally want flights and accomomodation for £2,500? Don't want to get up at silly o clock to get a sunbed on quiet days. Could do a private let or with a company. Any recommendations for a family hol with kids those ages please?

Brighteyes27 Tue 17-Jan-17 16:55:12

Any ideas recommendations please?

mummymeister Wed 18-Jan-17 11:33:18

I think that your budget of £625 per person is unrealistic especially as your children will now be counted as adults on flights and pay full price. you are also looking in august peak of the peak season.

eurocamp?

look on airbandb for a villa somewhere that you fancy and work backwards from there.

your requirements sound like you are looking for a villa in a complex with things on site and really you just aren't going to find anything now for that budget.

igglu Wed 18-Jan-17 11:46:52

I've just got 10 nights in Crete in August for 2 adults and 2dc aged 12 and 8 for £1600, although that was with an offer they were running. It's with jet2 holidays and there was plenty available with your budget. We're staying in a small hotel with pool, and it looks like there's plenty of things to do and see for all of us.

We're flying from Edinburgh though - it's loads cheaper because the schools go back earlier in Scotland.

Brokenbiscuit Wed 18-Jan-17 12:38:55

Of course you'll find something within that budget if you look carefully. How long are you wanting to go for?

Brighteyes27 Wed 18-Jan-17 13:24:27

I can get 4 flights for 700 from Scotland if I go according to cheapest flights.

Yes I would prefer a villa or apartment with some facilities. What are the bed:sleeping arrangements like with Jet2 and do you have kids of same sex? I wasn't keen on Greece. Fancied Portugal, Spain or France.

Brighteyes27 Wed 18-Jan-17 13:25:17

Yes between 10 and 14 nights.

Brighteyes27 Wed 18-Jan-17 13:26:21

Want recommendations of somewhere that worked for older age kids with our requirements.

Hersetta427 Wed 18-Jan-17 17:26:21

I would look at owners direct and then flights with Ryanair. The Murcia area of Spain is very reasonable for rentals - we hired a 3 bed house with a shared pool for £450pw in August.

Brighteyes27 Wed 18-Jan-17 21:17:53

Thanks I like Jet2 they are quite reasonable, well organised and a little extra leg room. I found Ryanair too trashy and hectic especially as I begrudged pre booking seats. We've always enjoyed the slgarve and hit it lucky with kids. But last year the only kids there in August were well under 10 or over 16 so kids were quite bored at times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now