Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Argh! Family resorts with three bedroom units. Do they exist?!

(17 Posts)
Aguero16 Sat 14-Jan-17 09:22:13

We're thinking about taking our first proper summer holiday as a family and our first as a couple for seven years.

Trouble is, our 4-year-old twins will not sleep in the same room as each other (or us) so we need to find somewhere with three bedrooms.

And, given we want a break too, we'd like a trad resort; somewhere warm with kids' clubs, babysitting services etc.

Looked on TUI, Thomson, etc, but no sign of the elusive three-bedroom unit. Any ideas would be most welcome.

LIZS Sat 14-Jan-17 09:23:56

Pierre et vacances, eurocamp?

psychosexual Sat 14-Jan-17 09:25:38

Peligoni club? www.peligoni.com

NicknameUsed Sat 14-Jan-17 09:29:24

Kaloudis Village apartments in Arillas, Corfu have three bedrooms. The place is quite basic, but in a fantastic location. I can't link on my tablet.

Brighteyes27 Sat 14-Jan-17 09:30:12

Thin on the ground I'm afraid it's hard enough finding a two bed apartment or accommodation with a main bed for adults and a guarantee of two single beds for the kids most are vague about bed/sleeping arrangements. Good luck.

NicknameUsed Sat 14-Jan-17 09:49:03

Kaloudis Village

Alcudia

Tenerife

There are plenty of three bedroom apartments, but you have to specifically search for three bedroom apartments on your search engine. It's a pity the package holiday operators don't have a filter for this facility.

The only one on this list we have been to is Kaloudis. We liked Arillas so much we went back the following year. It hasn't been spoiled by mass tourism and it is a low key resort with plenty of tavernas and a nice beach. The apartments themselves are pretty basic, but spotlessly clean. You need to pay extra for aircon, but as we went at the end of September both times we didn't need it.

ohisay Sat 14-Jan-17 09:50:27

I think a villa within a resort will be your best bet.
We stayed in Eden resort, Albufiera, Portugal, and had a great time.

Aguero16 Sat 14-Jan-17 14:54:10

Thanks all. Tried each suggestion but haven't found the elusive 3-bed unit yet.

NapQueen Sat 14-Jan-17 14:57:00

Somewhere with two twin rooms and put them to bed in one each and you and dh just go to bed later once they are asleep in a twin with each of them?

RebeccaStarr Sun 15-Jan-17 13:17:05

I looked everywhere as wanted AI with 3 bed for our young children with kids clubs and water slides close to the airport etc and the only one I could find for under about £6k was this place gets great reviews although the 3 beds get booked quickly. You can also book through thomson if you dont want AI
:

www.firstchoice.co.uk/holiday/accommodation/overview/Santo-Tomas/Mestral-and-Llebeig-Apartments-029224

I was about to suggest Meistral & Leibig! Great reviews it's been on my short list a while. What board basis are you wanting OP?

Brighteyes27 Tue 17-Jan-17 10:13:39

Did you find anywhere OP?

misscph1973 Tue 17-Jan-17 10:21:47

It does seem that all package holidays assume you are a "normal" family of 4! My friend has 3 children, and she has a hard time finding hotels with 5 beds.

Have you thought about booking the flights and then book accommodation with airbnb? It does require a bit of research, though, so that you stay in an area you would like.

2014newme Tue 17-Jan-17 11:20:24

Eurocamp mobile homes have three bedrooms. Or get a villa or apartment or air b and b.
Main package operators are not what you need.

mummymeister Tue 17-Jan-17 11:57:58

we are a larger family - not the traditional 2+2 - and found that package operators just cannot cope with our requirements. 2+2+babies are fine but once they get older than 2 forget it.

we always book our holidays separately so flights and villas all done ourselves. if there are places with 3 bedroom villas then I can guarantee that they would book out a year+ in advance. might be worth looking for 2018 now and just pulling together something for this year.

Brighteyes27 Tue 17-Jan-17 21:53:02

Yes it's fine for 2 x toddlers or even two same sex primary school kids but aid you have one of each it becomes more difficult that's why we started booking private let's. Often the bed situation is quite vague with holiday companies and it ends up a double bed and double sofa bed or one is practically sleeping above the other in what almost looks like a draw. Surely they should wise up not all customers want to sleep in one room in a hot climate, parents might want to share a bed and it's not appropriate for brother and sister to share a double sofa bed past a certain age but these families may still like to use some facilities and possibly would book if available.

Hersetta427 Wed 18-Jan-17 13:34:50

Maybe the Holiday Village Aliathon in Cyprus. They have 2 bedroom apartments (a double room and a twin room but there is also a separate lounge which has a single bed and a sofa bed). Had kids clubs, small water slides so may suit you.

Only issue is they only have 6 of these rooms and they sell out very quickly (you may also find they carry a large premium as you may be considered having under occupancy as they sleep 6.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now