Talk

Advanced search

Baby sleeping arrangements in a hotel room

(8 Posts)
ineedwine99 Thu 12-Jan-17 07:02:30

Hi, baby goes to sleep around 7pm, room dark with white noise on. How do you manage this on holiday in a hotel room?? Do you sit in darkness being quiet? Put baby in bathroom?
Any advice appreciated

mummymeister Thu 12-Jan-17 11:01:06

Is the white noise likely to be at a level that would disturb other people? if it is then you cant really stay in a hotel and do this.

many a night spent sitting outside the door of the hotel room or in the bathroom playing cards or reading. some hotels do have little side areas where you can put your child but they are obviously more expensive.

Not sure how you would put a baby in the bathroom as most would be too cramped even for a cot but I guess that this is something you could ask on check in.

this is why self catering is always so much more attractive when they are small.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Thu 12-Jan-17 11:05:10

If you can afford it you could book two adjoining rooms. Put baby to bed as normal (I can't imagine the white noise would disturb other guests!) with a baby monitor . Use the other room as a living room then go to bed in the same room as baby. I did this when my daughter was 9 months old. Admittedly it was a Premier Inn so two rooms wasn't that expensive!

ineedwine99 Thu 12-Jan-17 11:21:19

Hi, white noise is low so won't disturb anyone. Some of the places we're staying have limited accommodation, motels or camping (no chance) so not many options.
Re bathroom, i'm think lay down a couple of towels then put her in her sleepyhead on top of them? Transfer her to the cot when we go to bed

NerrSnerr Thu 12-Jan-17 11:32:28

Our daughter was always a bit of a rubbish sleeper anyway, but we'd get her to sleep a bit late so she'd be tired and then watch the telly on low volume. It didn't disturb her. I think we'd have the telly on while we were getting her to sleep.

2014newme Thu 12-Jan-17 11:53:46

We got two interconnecting rooms when ours were babies as we don't want to go to bed at 7! If it's abroad and sunny if you have a balcony you can sit out there

ineedwine99 Thu 12-Jan-17 12:02:19

Thats true 2014 :-)
Thanks ladies

rookiemere Thu 12-Jan-17 17:49:14

We tried to get somewhere that had a bit of a living area as well and would put DS's cot there. Balcony always good.
Then we just got to the stage where we'd take him out in the buggy and he'd sleep whilst we had dinner. Worked fine provided we weren't out too late.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: