Talk

Advanced search

Really relaxing break in uk, self catering, 2 hours from London needed!

(11 Posts)
triplets Sun 08-Jan-17 12:38:58

Hi hoping to be all clear from cancer by March, currently on chemo for ovarian cancer sad In need of a relaxing break and love Center Parcs for the walks and the spa. Just wondering if anyone can think of somewhere else for a change, selfcatering, 3 bedrooms and 2 hours from London. Just looking for other options really. Thank you.

SammyM016 Sun 08-Jan-17 13:10:30

Get a cottage in the Cotswolds. Good walks and pubs.

triplets Sun 08-Jan-17 21:44:37

Yes the Cotswolds are lovely, holds a few sad memories though for me as I was taken there for a break after my son died, never been back since.

80sWaistcoat Sun 08-Jan-17 21:53:04

East dean near beachhead head. Nice pub, restaurants, cottages and walks.

flissfloss65 Sun 08-Jan-17 21:54:49

Do you like the sea? Whitstable is a lovely seaside town and near to Canterbury. Good food at the Sportsman in Seasalter. Also good walks in Blean Woods, just outside Whitstable.

Jayfee Sun 08-Jan-17 21:56:36

Sandy Balls in New Forest area.

triplets Sun 08-Jan-17 22:11:21

I live in Deal by the sea, 35 mins from Whitstable, that's where I have to go to see the oncologist! Its a lovely place though!

mummymeister Mon 09-Jan-17 08:59:30

what about Bath? book a cheapie Travelodge and go to the Bath Spa every day with the open air roof top pool - unbelievably good. also could go to the pump room for afternoon tea and just generally wandering about. theres a good costume museum in Bath as well.

flissfloss65 Mon 09-Jan-17 12:04:54

Whitstable no use then! A friend went to Sandy Balls and loved it. New Forest is beautiful and relaxing.

Hope the rest of your treatment goes well.

Chasingsquirrels Fri 13-Jan-17 20:00:43

We had a lodge at Winchester Golf Course for a few nights on Oct. Nice lodge with hot tub on the decking. Not much to do on site, but Winchester was nice.

Loads of different lodges sites around the country, depends of you want on site facilities as well.

Best wishes for the treatment and hopeful recovery flowers

AverysillyoldHector Fri 13-Jan-17 20:07:46

What about the East Anglian coast? Southwold, Aldeburgh and Blakeney are all lovely. I love finding holiday homes, so pick an area and we can all help find you somewhere special smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now