Talk

Advanced search

Cold Holiday - Finland not skiing advice please!

(3 Posts)
Nearlyadoctor Sat 07-Jan-17 21:16:17

We're looking to do a winter holiday possibly to Finland next year. Don't want to ski but want to do snowmobile / husky sledging etc.

I have researched a few companies/holidays, activities abroad look great but a bit over budget. I am currently looking at Levi in Finland through Ingram's travel which seems to tick most of the boxes.

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for either resorts/ travel companies or excursions? We're looking at Feb 2018 half term, myself, DH and Dd age 10.

NicknameUsed Sat 07-Jan-17 22:46:03

We did this in 2015 and had an awesome time. We went with Transun and stayed in Karesuvanto/Karesuando. It is pretty remote round there and is about 100km from the nearest town. We did a snowmobile trek, reindeer sleigh ride and drove huskies across a frozen lake. We were also lucky enough to see the northern lights.

It was one of the best holidays we have ever had, but not cheap. We had snow suits provided but we still had to buy clothes to layer underneath, hats, gloves, snoods etc. I must have spent a 3 figure sum in Decathlon. Don't underestimate how cold it is.

EvaSthlm Sun 08-Jan-17 10:47:52

Does it have to be Finland specifically? You could check out this site, although I've never been that far north myself. www.jokkmokkguiderna.com/en/sladhundar_siberian_husky

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now