Talk

Advanced search

Help please - travel numpty- can I take Sudafed nasal Spray on airplane?

(5 Posts)
HelenRose1111 Wed 04-Jan-17 11:33:08

It's in a brown glass 10ml sprayer - do they have to be able to see the liquid or just the containers of liquid?
I'll get painful sinuses / ears if I don't have it with me
Thank you

Spam88 Wed 04-Jan-17 11:34:31

They don't need to be able to see the liquid (they can't with toothpaste for example) so as long as it isn't a pressurised container it should be ok?

exexpat Wed 04-Jan-17 11:35:02

It's less than 100ml so it's fine if you put it in a clear plastic bag to go through security. They don't need to be able to see the contents.

HelenRose1111 Wed 04-Jan-17 11:53:42

Ahh thank you folks! Haven't flown for 10yrs plus so is there anything else I might get wrong?
Thanks again blush

exexpat Wed 04-Jan-17 13:37:25

You're obviously aware of the liquid rule, which is probably the main thing - and hand creams, lip balms, make-up etc all count as liquid, so you need to put them all in a clear plastic bag if they are in your hand luggage.

You may need to take belts and shoes off at security, so avoid shoes with lots of laces or trousers that will fall down without a belt...

The thing I've noticed over the past year or two is them asking if you have any lithium batteries in your check-in luggage - they have been known to overheat and cause fires in the hold, apparently, so phone power-packs, rechargeable camera batteries etc should be in your hand baggage.

Make sure all phones/kindles/tablets etc are charged up enough to be able to switch them on if security ask you to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now