Talk

Advanced search

Costa del Sol recommendations please

(15 Posts)
saresywaresy2 Wed 04-Jan-17 08:48:59

Hi all, can anyone help me with inspiration please. We are flying into Malaga for 10 days in the summer. We have a villa booked in Frigliana for the first week and then we have a spare 3 days. I thought it would be easy to find something I fancied for those days but it isn't. We have two boys aged 13 and 10. I was thinking a contrast to the first place so maybe a front line apartment with fantastic sea views or perhaps a big hotel with water slides and. I want it to be attractive and fun and I'm drawing a blank. Any ideas??

derektheladyhamster Wed 04-Jan-17 08:53:22

Cala de mijas is nice. It has a huge inflatable thing in the sea (they are all over the Costa del Sol)

saresywaresy2 Thu 05-Jan-17 09:30:29

thanks, i will look into it. i have a feeling i've left things a bit late...

BarbaraofSeville Thu 05-Jan-17 09:37:29

There's a big waterpark at Fuengirola and it's a large resort that's visited by all nationalities so not just Brits on the piss and English Breakfasts.

There's also a Holiday Village somewhere on the Costa del Sol, which has it's own waterpark.

Birdandsparrow Thu 05-Jan-17 09:45:01

www.aqualand.es/torremolinos/en/

There's aqualand in Torremolinos, but I've not been.

Birdandsparrow Thu 05-Jan-17 09:48:15

malagatravelguide.net/tourism/costa-del-sol-top-5-resorts/ There's a few things here. There's a Sealife centre in Benalmadena.

Birdandsparrow Thu 05-Jan-17 09:51:34

Ronda is amazing, but maybe not so interesting for teens www.spain-holiday.com/Ronda/articles/the-12-things-you-must-see-when-visiting-ronda

Birdandsparrow Thu 05-Jan-17 09:53:17

www.skyscanner.net/news/7-amazing-places-visit-costa-del-sol
Nerja and visit the caves?

BarbaraofSeville Thu 05-Jan-17 09:57:23

I assumed that the OP would be visiting Nerja (and Granada!) while she is staying in Frigiliana.

This is the Fuengirola waterpark. I don't know how it compares to the Torremolinos one.

angemorange Thu 05-Jan-17 10:14:10

Benalmadena is good for kids and has a fun park - Tivoli World and a lovely Marina with a Sealife aquarium. There is also a very nice public park. Fuengirola has a great animal attraction called Bioparc. All that coastal area is great for families.

saresywaresy2 Thu 05-Jan-17 10:41:51

Thanks all this all sounds hopeful. Does anyone have any specific recommendations of great apartments in the resorts? If we were in an apartment rather than a hotel I would like to be able to see and hear the sea from the balcony I think, but I've been on quite a few websites and it looks like a lot has already been booked.
We will visit Nerja a fair bit while in Frigiliana and my husband and I have visited and loved Ronda and Granada before, so not there this time, as I think it will probably be too hot for sight seeing, but interested in the others.
I've actually been doing a bit more research and have been wondering about going further to Roquetas de Mar or Aguadulce. Anyone been up there? Looks like more for your money and the kind of enormous, fancy pools in the hotels that the boys would like.

Touchmybum Thu 05-Jan-17 10:44:50

We stayed in an apartment in San Luis de Sabinillas a couple of years ago and loved it; the Puerto Duquesa is a lovely spot nearby, with a pretty marina. If we were going back again, I think I'd like to spend some time in Estepona. We have teens but prefer the less touristy spots. Cala de Mijas is nice too. Or what about Malaga itself?

oldmum22 Thu 05-Jan-17 10:49:44

I have two boys 16 and 13 and we visited Benalmadena last year and they loved it. We stayed at the Pierre et Vacances Hotel and could see and hear the sea from our balcony. We had an apartment , one double bedroom and the boys shared a sofa bed . The hotel was lovely . Loads and loads of thing for the boys to do in Benalmadena . HTH

BarbaraofSeville Thu 05-Jan-17 10:51:26

Wildcard suggestion - I have visited this area many times and love it, especially the area between Estepona and Duquesa/Castillo as well as all the inland places like Ronda, Mijas and Gaucin etc touchmybum.

You could spend your last few days in the Suborn Yacht Hotel in Gibraltar. It's a 5 star Yacht hotel moored in Gibralter harbour and you could go up the cable car to the rock of Gibraltar to see the caves and the monkeys and there's a few other things to do as well as some nice beaches too.

saresywaresy2 Mon 09-Jan-17 21:44:56

Great suggestions all thank you, the jury's still out, but we're narrowing it down!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now