Talk

Advanced search

Late Feb/ Early March Babymoon

(5 Posts)
Teaspoon74 Mon 02-Jan-17 22:17:00

Advice please- OH and I want to take a break pre EDD of 16/5 (2/5 if induced).

Hoping to get away at around the 28/29 week mark.

We're torn between somewhere Scandinavian and cultural and somewhere warm and chilled out.

Probably a long weekend, but could squeeze a week if decided to go a little further afield.

Not keen on Spain (been various places and looking for somewhere new). And conscious zika / dhengue / not being wed rules various destinations out.

So possibly Berlin, Portugal, Helsinki, Iceland... help!!!

mummymeister Tue 03-Jan-17 12:06:11

personally I would be booking a lovely spa type hotel in the UK and not bothering with the flights etc. you should get some good deals in March.

MrsJW15 Tue 03-Jan-17 14:15:17

Depends what you want to do - city break or chill time! Or a bit of both. What's the weather like in Croatia around then? Dubrovnik is good for both. Lisbon is a great city to visit, and there are beaches and things nearby too. Or Morocco - find a nice hotel somewhere just to chill?

scaryteacher Thu 05-Jan-17 12:06:02

Copenhagen is lovely.

NicknameUsed Thu 05-Jan-17 23:05:56

At 28 weeks I found that doing a lot of walking was very uncomfortable. I wold hate to visit somewhere like Dubrovnik and miss out on walking round the walls or seeing the city. I couldn't have managed it at that stage.

Lisbon is very hilly, and I'm not sure that I would want to go somewhere as cold as Iceland because I would have to splash out on a very warm coat big enough to cover the bump.

I would probably try and go somewhere picturesque in the UK where you can drive between visiting places if you feel too uncomfortable. OH and I went to Woodbridge in Suffolk when I was about 28 weeks and we visited all sorts of lovely places, although I did try walking from Flatford to Dedham and had to turn back because I was too uncomfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now