Talk

Advanced search

Disney Land Paris restaurant bookings

(15 Posts)
Peachsploosh Mon 02-Jan-17 21:55:06

Hi, 3 adults, 3 children & 1 baby are off to DLP this February. We have booked half board plus.
I have been told to book restaurants well in advance (ie now!) but how do I know what to book? I've looked on the website & seen menus for the restaurants but I'm reluctant to commit to something as I have no idea where we'll be or what we'll be doing at any one time. We are, however, taking a one year old so can't be too flexible in terms of times to eat.
I'm going to book Cafe Micky as I understand the character meals get booked up but can I leave everything else to chance & just book a restaurant the day before, once we get an idea of the size of the place & where we might be?
Thank you.

rhuhbarb4 Mon 02-Jan-17 21:57:10

Hiya i wouldnt worry about prebooking restaurants they always tell you to nut it honestly doesny matter. We have been several times and have never booked a restaurant and we have eaten in all of them now. Cafe mickey is brilliant by the way and is a must do IMO.

birdsdestiny Mon 02-Jan-17 21:59:09

We went in Easter holidays, we didn't book and would never do that again.

ijustwannadance Mon 02-Jan-17 21:59:48

If you want a place guaranteed you need to book in advance. There should be a phone number on their website. They will speak english.

DLP is quite small so not difficult to arrange to be somewhere at a specific time on one day.

Peachsploosh Mon 02-Jan-17 22:38:57

Great, thank you for your replies. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Any other tips on must dos gratefully received. We need to cover everything from Star Wars to Frozen!

rhuhbarb4 Tue 03-Jan-17 08:40:23

Everything is a must do in disneyland! There isnt mich frozem stuff there at the moment there is a frozen procession with anma and elsa in a carriage which is about 10 mins before the main parade and there is a sing a long stage show. You will be visiting during the season of the force where star wars has taken over the disney studios so there will be loads of starwars stuff also check out the jedi training academy.

mouldycheesefan Tue 03-Jan-17 11:26:41

We didn't book restaurants one year and have to queue for 45 mins even for macdonalds.
Your concierge can book you restaurants on arrival.
I would definitely book if you want cafe Mickey or inventions which is my favourite restaurant and has characters.

Peachsploosh Tue 03-Jan-17 15:53:07

Thank you for your advice. I have booked cafe Mickey plus dinner on arrival day & lunch on leaving day. All very straight forward (it seemed it anyway). Lady on phone said it's school holidays in France too so well worth booking.
Let the countdown begin!

Kirriemuir Tue 03-Jan-17 17:46:08

If you are going half term or any holidays for France, Spain, Italy or Germany then most definitely book. You can always cancel. We didn't book on our very first trip a few years ago and couldn't get in anywhere. February half term.

We ended up in macdonalds but wanted inventions. Second night we ate at Val de Europe.

purplefizz26 Tue 03-Jan-17 18:01:00

We booked cafe Mickey for breakfast on our last morning before the flight home,which was well worth it.

We just ate fast food, pizzas, burgers etc during the days in the parks because we didn't want to waste time sat in proper restaurants when we could be doing stuff. We had no trouble eating or getting tables anywhere.

saresywaresy2 Wed 04-Jan-17 08:51:06

We booked every meal and I'm glad we did. The pirates of the Caribbean restaurant was an experience Defo!

Toffeelatteplease Fri 06-Jan-17 08:01:37

As a recommendation for any days your not sure I would book either at your hotel or a restaurant in the park for about 7 pm everyday. If you don't want to use it you can change or cancel (or tbh miss it, atm there's no penalty if you do) it but it's there if you get stuck. You have about 20mins leeway on your time so this covers you rocking up any when between about 6.40-7.20.

You will need a booking for any sit down restaurant, hotel restaurant or Cafe agrabah at anything like normal meal times.

We have got away without at Plaza Gardens (buffet at about 2pm) and restaurant des stars in the studios (but that was some years ago).

Colonel Hathis pizza makes for a pretty good "fast" food stop and Hakuna Matata is busy but has some different fast food. Never toad Hall or chateau Marrionette, I've done them so you don't have too.

Dont book Chef remys unless you have 2 hours to waste. The environment is incredible but the service is slow. If you book it book it for about half hour earlier than you want to eat because it will take you that long to get seated

We also love Blue Lagoon (totally lost two hours having a fantastic dinner in that place and missed the fireworks!!). Cafe Agrabah (when it's open) is a lovely quiet buffet with some different food offerings and the backlava is to die for.

GlitterGlue Fri 06-Jan-17 08:07:31

The princess meals must be booked in advance (Auberge). The others, it's hit and miss. Bear in mind that not all restaurants will be open all week out of high season. I think one of the Disney sites may have more info?

Toffeelatteplease Fri 06-Jan-17 08:21:39

With younger kids the buffets tended to work better than the site downs because they are much quicker (you grab a plate and go) and actually there's a wider variety of food for the kids to eat and you can pick your own portion sizes.

Having said the above about Bistro Remys the kids still love it and we are still going next year hmmconfusedgrin

If you haven't got any SN you will want to be in the parks early (as soon after opening as possible) you will probably lunch early (about 11) use after tea vouchers about 3-4ish then Dinner later. This helps you avoid fast food being at its busiest. You also want one dinner booking timed to allow you to nab a good spot 45 mins before dreams (you won't get a front spot 45 mins but should get one with a garden in front if you which works great) so about 2 hours before dreams is due to start if buffet, 2.5 if sit down.

Peachsploosh Fri 06-Jan-17 11:07:55

Oh my word! I'm going to need a holiday after this holiday grin.
Thank you again for the tips. I think buffet might be the best way to go as the 3 children all eat very differently & the baby definitely won't wait to be fed. Once he's in a high chair food has to be instant!
We've done a Butlin's holiday before & the buffet there was perfect for everyone's choice.
I'm not going to tell DD we're going until the week before. Can't wait to see her face!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now