Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Paris with a baby

(8 Posts)
ammature Sun 01-Jan-17 23:46:11

Wise MNers, Im going to Paris with my DH and little baby boy in Feb, my DS will be almost 1. Im trying to book a family friendly AirBNB at the min but my research is freaking me out a little about how unchild friendly paris seems to be. No highchairs in restaurants and a lack of nappy changing facilities. Is this the case and does it reflect an attitude in restaurants for example that we won't be welcome? What do people do about feeding and changing babas?

Im currently breastfeeding my my LO is having a bit of formula and rejecting the breast at the min so can I get the same formula over there and if we wanted to get some pouches for convenience (he's super messy eater) for when out at lunch for example are these available widely? Are nappies really expensive?

Thanks so much, hope I'm not mad!

P0ndLife Mon 02-Jan-17 00:04:22

I went with a six month old and found people were very good about breastfeeding, especially in private (I'd start to feed and someone very kindly would find me a room).

I took a umbrella pushchair and at times had to chuck it over the metro barrier and follow carrying the baby. You'd find it easier with two adults but definitely take something light as many stations have no lifts.

Hopefully someone who knows more will be along soon!

ammature Mon 02-Jan-17 01:32:24

TBH I'm not bothered about breastfeeding in private I'm all for making it as public as possible personally and might find it weird if someone showed me to a private room but thanks for the heads up. We have a city mini gt pram which folds super easy but my MIL has a maclaren wonder should we borrow that?

ammature Mon 02-Jan-17 23:04:33

Bump ... Anyone??

birdsdestiny Mon 02-Jan-17 23:11:18

We did it with an under 2, I can't remember exactly how old. It was very hard work. The metro was awful with a pushchair. Restaurants were no problem. Lots of kids there till quite late . I just remember it as not at all relaxing.

ammature Tue 03-Jan-17 01:16:49

I have to go for work so I realise that it's perhaps not first choice for baby holidays but really want to make the best of it. Starting to feel a bit anxious now.

timeisnotaline Wed 11-Jan-17 22:38:04

The metro is tough! I am going in Feb with a 1.5 year old, and went last year with an 8 week old (same baby grin) and apart from metro it's fine! People are nice, I don't think it hampered our plans. It is however easier in nice weather when you can picnic in gardens! Also we have a portable high chair you can attach to a seat, although with a 6 month old you'd probably want to keep a hand on them.

timeisnotaline Wed 11-Jan-17 22:39:17

Actually we had a baby carrier and would have used that instead of pram in museums and galleries and getting around some days. There are lots of stairs in the louvre abs everywhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now