Talk

Advanced search

Five Star All Inclusive - advice please

(34 Posts)
Princesspink999 Tue 27-Dec-16 22:41:06

We're looking for a week's all inclusive in Summer 2017, preferably 5 star or a very good four star. We probably won't leave hotel so the hotel is more important than the area. Probably Europe. Looking for something good value with enough to occupy a 6 year old. Would welcome any recommendations. Thanks.

100milesanhour Tue 27-Dec-16 23:13:56

Holiday village Ibiza is excellent.

VanillaSugarAndChristmasSpice Tue 27-Dec-16 23:16:37

And Fornells in Menorca.

Suttonmum1 Tue 27-Dec-16 23:24:47

'We probably won't leave the hotel.'. Are there seriously people who do this?

ATruthUniversallyAcknowledged Tue 27-Dec-16 23:27:12

'We probably won't leave the hotel.'

But, but, but... why?

Princesspink999 Tue 27-Dec-16 23:50:55

We travel a lot and visit all sorts of countries but for this particular holiday - yes we probably won't leave the hotel! Sorry if that's a problem!

Princesspink999 Tue 27-Dec-16 23:52:11

Thanks will look at holiday village Ibiza and fornells Menorca.

FiloPasty Tue 27-Dec-16 23:55:03

You need something with a kids club, how hot do you want it?
Cavallino Bianco in the Italian Alps is fab with Spa & Kids club hot but not baking but a wonderful area, food & wine

Princesspink999 Wed 28-Dec-16 00:09:04

Filo - thanks this is exactly the sort of recommendation I was looking for. we do like to sunbathe - do you think it would be hot enough for that?

MrsLouisTomlinson Wed 28-Dec-16 00:09:16

suttonmum

Yeah, we do at least one holiday per year like this. DH and the sprogs might venture along to the local shops or bar but 99% of the time is spent onsite. Why? For us a holiday is about complete relaxing, that involves lying about in the heat and eating and drinking at our own pace. The kids are generally entertained by the swimming pool or private beach and make friends in these areas, thus stopping the whinging that might ensue if we tried to bundle them into a busy Spanish bus or whatever to head to the nearest landmark that they have no interest in. It also means they can eat and drink without us silently totting up the cost of how much money we've spent on ice cream or bottled water. It's not for everyone but every so often it's great.

Kirriemuir Wed 28-Dec-16 10:38:38

There is nothing 5 star about holiday villages I'm afraid. They are ok when you go and don't have high expectations. If you want good 5 star I'd look at some real 5 stars in Paphos Cyprus.

BarbaraofSeville Wed 28-Dec-16 11:05:33

Princess Yaiza, Playa Blanca Lanzarote is one of the popular recommendations on here.

It is also fairly central in the resort so can wander out/go to beach easily if you want to do that.

SheldonsSpot Wed 28-Dec-16 11:08:50

We do one holiday a year where we don't leave the hotel.

We always choose a Sensatori hotel. We loved Egypt for the snorkelling but all of their hotels are great.

mumsiedarlingrevolta Wed 28-Dec-16 11:18:10

When DC were smaller we went to Forte Village in Sardinia a few times.

Depends on what your DC is like? Sporty, etc? Forte Village great for footy.
Do you want family activities or kids club?

We also did Vila Vita Park in Portugal but can't remember if all inclusive.

The Paradis in Mauritius in fantastic-def an all inclusive 5 star. Longer flight but not much jet lag....The nicest of them all really smile Lovely vibe, can also eat at restaurants at hotel next door-free boat transport which kids loved.

fairgame84 Wed 28-Dec-16 11:20:08

Protur Roquetas de Mar is lovely. Food is amazing and it's right on the beach. All rooms have a sea view.

Princesspink999 Wed 28-Dec-16 11:29:20

Great recommendations thanks - I'm googling them all!

Peppapogstillonaloop Wed 28-Dec-16 11:31:43

Anassa cyprus

leccybill Wed 28-Dec-16 11:37:15

Blue Lagoon Deluxe Village in Kos is very nice. Very mumsnet.

Tarrarra Wed 28-Dec-16 11:48:32

Princess Yaiza in Lanzarote, Hesperia in Puerto Calero Lanzarote and the St Elias in Cyprus all get a thumbs up from me.

leccybill Wed 28-Dec-16 11:53:30

I was thinking of the St Elias myself, there's a few free child places knocking about for July/Aug. Glad to see a recommendation.

neverwronged Wed 28-Dec-16 11:55:24

I know you said Europe but this is a fantastic AI; waterskiing, tennis tuition, 5 restaurants, champagne, kids clubs all in.

http://www.beachcomber-hotels.com/hotel/shandrani-resort-spa?gclid=Cj0KEQiA4o3DBRCJsZqh8vWqt8BEiQA2Fw0eU3adyprlSSAsRuKhUC1PED-uzCYaIVnwYfq4g-H7caAhUy8P8HAQ

Fairly grim flight though unless you stump up for Club.

3luckystars Wed 28-Dec-16 12:15:59

Sounds like heavenly holiday to me!

If I could just teleport there and remove the travelling / flying part of it all it would be perfect!

mumsiedarlingrevolta Wed 28-Dec-16 12:23:41

never The Paradis-which I recommended is in the same Beachcomber group as Shandrani.

They are brilliant. All of my DC wold still say their best ever hols there.

Flight with just one DC should be ok...and really worth it on the other end smile

mumsiedarlingrevolta Wed 28-Dec-16 12:24:00

*would

HermioneWeasley Wed 28-Dec-16 12:24:09

Hilton in dalaman/sarigerme

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: