Talk

Advanced search

Where are you off to on holiday 2017?

(115 Posts)
magentastardust Tue 27-Dec-16 21:36:43

I normally start this thread every year (apologies if there has already been one -can't see one though) but where is everyone planning to go in 2017? I love to hear everyone's plans and all the interesting and lovely places you are all thinking of heading!

AdoraBell Tue 27-Dec-16 21:51:34

No idea, but DH wants to go away for Christmas 2017. Will start looking at brouchers this week.

MsGameandWatch Tue 27-Dec-16 21:53:24

UAE in February.
Spain in April
City break not sure where yet during summer hols.

IlPorcupinoNilSodomyEst Tue 27-Dec-16 21:54:32

Crete for May half term ... haven't been to Greece with the kids, used to go every holiday before them ... I can't wait and have to diet

poorbuthappy Tue 27-Dec-16 21:55:28

South of France or Italian lakes...or extension and caravan holiday in the U.K.

Big decisions to be made!!

Runwayqueen Tue 27-Dec-16 21:59:33

Corfu at the end of July, and probably Weymouth at Easter. If DDs grandmother is well enough I may take her to see her at some point in year, she is currently living in Spain and undergoing radiotherapy. Hopefully we will get there

Norfolk in February, Morocco in April, Rhodes in May and France in August. Been eyeing up a cruise for October but the bank account says no!

kirinm Tue 27-Dec-16 22:09:47

Thinking about going to Cape Town in March. I think I've also agreed to go to France at some point this year.

SillySongsWithLarry Tue 27-Dec-16 22:12:49

Climbing Mount Snowdon in August with DD age 6 and DD age 8. All off to Abu Dhabi in November too. It's an exciting year.

annandale Tue 27-Dec-16 22:16:02

Rome and Pompeii in May. Saved for 3 years. Very excited.

kirin have you been before? Cape Town was by a long way the best holiday I've had 🙂

Doilooklikeatourist Tue 27-Dec-16 22:32:20

Cruise to the canaries in October

magentastardust Tue 27-Dec-16 22:36:10

@annandale -Pompeii is great-love the Amalfi coast -so pretty!

Topnotes Tue 27-Dec-16 22:45:59

Oregon to see my sis and family, with a holiday home for all the of us in a place called Bend grin

Dowser Wed 28-Dec-16 09:45:06

Tenerife in march, October and sssh I haven't told Dh yet...December. That takes care of 9 weeks
After that I'm open to offers.

ShanghaiDiva Wed 28-Dec-16 11:14:16

Cambodia in February, HK for the weekend in March and Vietnam in april - all booked. Am thinking about Central Asia for the summer and Australia for Christmas.
I live in China so most of these trips are shorthaul - also got some good flight deals - 100 pounds return flight to Hong Kong.

NotCitrus Wed 28-Dec-16 12:01:23

Went abroad this year so next year it's Wales but a luxury place, and looking forward to it. Hoping to manage a couple days in Paris via Eurostar.

GandolfBold Wed 28-Dec-16 12:12:24

Having had to change my holiday plans within the last half an hour due to being an idiot, we are off to Snowdonia at Easter to celebrate DS' 16th birthday and Mull on the summer. I was supposed to be taking the Dc's to Copenhagen but realised yesterday dd will be at brownie camp.

We want to.do.aomething in October but am.lacking inspiration that fits the brief of somewhere to relax for DH, while still having enough to do.for 3 active DC's and is warm.

kirinm Wed 28-Dec-16 14:16:48

English - no I've not been. I'm half South African so it's about time I did. I've heard nothing but good things about it (from a holiday point of view).

Sometimespostingalwayslurking Wed 28-Dec-16 14:23:18

2 weeks at a brilliant campsite in France in August. Already booked and cannot wait!

Same here sometimes 2 weeks in s.France at a campsite that we've visited twice before and holds great memories and friends. Really looking forward to out and glad to have managed to keep it relatively cheap as the euro rate in Italy in August 2016 was crippling for us

Forward to it

Joneseygirl77 Wed 28-Dec-16 16:51:19

Cotswolds in April, Algarve in June and Halkidiki in September- we're making the most of the last year of not having to stick to school hols!
DH moaning a lot as he wants us to save every penny as hoping to move again this year.

notagiraffe Wed 28-Dec-16 17:06:58

Hoping to take DC to Amsterdam for a long weekend at half term.

At Easter either Japan if I can persuade DH to spend the money on travel not house repairs or Crete/Lanzarote if I can't.

Summer - Scotland. We want to climb Ben Nevis.

collarsandcuffs Wed 28-Dec-16 19:44:37

Cape Town in April. Would like to go away in December next year so browsing for ideas to help me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now