Advanced search

Disney in oct or Nov- hurricane risk?

(6 Posts)
Waitingforsleep Tue 27-Dec-16 21:15:30

Wondering if I should choose another time as it is still
Part of hurricane season?
Thanks

Dowser Wed 28-Dec-16 09:47:53

I had a villa in Florida for 9 years . It was mostly pretty quiet by then. Certainly we went every year the last two weeks of October and never had a hurricane.
November was lovely as well.

Dowser Wed 28-Dec-16 09:49:12

Just thinking end of Nov, ( catch thanksgiving) and beginning of December you will catch all the Christmas stuff.
Still had very nice weather.

NovaArt3mis Wed 28-Dec-16 09:55:34

We went last two weeks of Oct in 2014. Weather was perfect, didn't rain once and only started to cool down last two days. We were really keen for the Halloween stuff though so that's what made us choose October.

budgiegirl Fri 30-Dec-16 16:07:31

We've been several times in late October, and have always had nice weather. It was very breezy in Oct 2012 when hurricane Sandy went up the East Coast.

However, I believe that Disney did shut for a day or two in October this year when Hurricane Matthew passed through. So it is a risk, although quite a small one.

Nearlyadoctor Sat 07-Jan-17 21:33:00

We flew 26th Oct 2016 for 2weeks and 19th Oct 2013 for 2 weeks, perfect weather both times ( one morning of rain 2013), both fortnights glorious weather and low humidity.

TBH nothing is guaranteed but October and November are a better bet than September.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: