Talk

Advanced search

St Tropez in mid-August

(6 Posts)
wombat1 Mon 19-Feb-07 19:12:28

About to sign on the dotted line to rent a villa in Gassin - 7km inland from St Tropez for a week in mid-August.

Has anyone been to this area in August? Is it going to be unbearably hot - house has fans (no a/c) and pool?

Can you find small, sandy beaches without hundreds of people?

Apart from St Tropez, is there anywhere nearby worth a visit - don't want to spend hours driving anywhere as I'm sure the trip from the airport will take long enough!

Bugsy2 Mon 19-Feb-07 19:44:54

That is a beautiful area of France. Gassin is up in the hills, so potentially it could be quite hot, but you should have good shade from all the cork oaks.
Lots of places nearby to go & see: Cavalaire is quite a nice local town with some good beaches. Port Grimaud is also worth a look, the South of France's answer to Venice.
There are plenty of good beaches, but obviously in August they won't be deserted.
If you are flying to Nice, the drive is not that bad. Should be two hours max.

wombat1 Wed 21-Feb-07 13:05:47

Bump - Thanks Bugsy2. Anyone else???

spoogs Wed 21-Feb-07 15:14:30

Message deleted

hermykne Wed 21-Feb-07 15:19:30

beautiful area but it will be very hot. would prefer air con than fans - they are just blowing warm air! it will be a busy time for french and other holidaymakers.

i was in perpignan around that time and the car was the coolest place at times with the air con. my kids were 1 and 3 at the time and whilst they were happy enough nighttime was a nightmare with fans!

IamPotty Wed 21-Feb-07 18:11:17

I´d bear in mind that driving anywhere along the coast is likey to be a complete nightmare.. One long traffic jam the whole week I stayed in Port Grimaud..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now