Talk

Advanced search

What currency to take to Dubai?

(8 Posts)
GlennRheeismyfavourite Fri 16-Dec-16 10:13:33

Hi all - my sister's off to Dubai and I want to give her some money to spend. What will be easiest for her in shops/restaurants etc (she's got three little ones so I don't want her to have to fiddle around changing money) Dollars? Local currency? Thanks x

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 16-Dec-16 13:33:33

She will need to take UAE Dirhams.

mateysmum Fri 16-Dec-16 13:46:37

UAE dirhams ie. the local currency is all that will be accepted most shops. Not sure why you would expect anything else.

If you want buy dirhams, just check the exchange has them in stock as not all do.

Artandco Fri 16-Dec-16 13:47:21

The currency of Dubai. Why would she take American dollars?

GlennRheeismyfavourite Fri 16-Dec-16 13:51:35

Don't know - I read on one website to take sterling or dollars and change the money once you get there?

ihearttc Sun 18-Dec-16 13:31:51

Take sterling or dollars and change once you get there.

All the Malls have loads of currency exchange places and you get much better exchange rates.

We normally just take dirhams for taxi from airport and a little bit for emergencies and then change the rest there.

JaneAustinAllegro Sun 18-Dec-16 13:34:48

There's no reason whatsoever to take two hits on the exchange rate and commission fee. Give her sterling or change it directly to Dirhams

DailyFail1 Sun 18-Dec-16 13:36:02

She should use debit/credit cards and take USD. Will get a better rate there on dirhams.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now