Talk

Advanced search

10 year anniversary holiday

(13 Posts)
DesperatelySeeking2016 Thu 15-Dec-16 17:12:46

I have persuaded dh that we should go away for our 10 year anniversary without the children! I am so excited and obviously plan to lose the 3 stone I have put on over the last 10 yrs blush. Our budget is £5000 max and I think we would like to go somewhere warm (to motivate the weight loss- cold and I will not have to wear a swimsuit). Ideally I would like to go somewhere not over run with children because that would make me feel bad that we had left ours with their grandparents! Where would u recommend?

DesperatelySeeking2016 Thu 15-Dec-16 17:13:23

It would be next December that we would be going - a rather crucial bit of information to omit!

Foldedtshirt Thu 15-Dec-16 17:14:26

How along are you going for? How long a flight? Interests? What a treat!

DesperatelySeeking2016 Thu 15-Dec-16 18:08:06

It would have to be a week - we are thinking of going the week before state schools break up for Christmas. I haven't really thought about length of a flight- however long it takes to warm up! Interests are a tricky one, I quite like the idea of doing very little but I worry that we would have nothing to talk about after a couple of hours grin. It would be nice to try snorkelling or maybe discover a bit about the history of the place we were visiting/take beautiful pictures of stunning scenery.

Foldedtshirt Fri 16-Dec-16 17:31:43

I'd go east so the jet lag isn't so bad coming home, and not too far, so you don't lose a day travelling and acclimatising. It's not super hot anywhere is Europe, so going east/ south. Dubai? Egypt? Both hot but maybe not your cup of tea/ too unstable. A safari in Kenya?
If you could manage 10 days- Thailand?

HeyMacWey Fri 16-Dec-16 17:44:21

Barbados - only 8 hours flight from London.

MrsJW15 Mon 19-Dec-16 10:14:00

What about Thailand? You could combine a couple of days in Bangkok sight seeing with some beach time?

Foldedtshirt Mon 19-Dec-16 10:16:07

Thailand is wonderful but a lot of travelling for a week.

grumpymummy72 Mon 19-Dec-16 12:20:16

Mauritius or Zanzibar. Both lovely.

DesperatelySeeking2016 Mon 19-Dec-16 14:22:38

Dh has stipulated he would like to stay in a room on stilts hmm. I have told him we may need to increase the budget!

MrsJW15 Mon 19-Dec-16 15:56:31

Those rooms look amazing! But yes, also pricey. Hope you can persuade him!

80sWaistcoat Mon 19-Dec-16 16:00:35

St kitts and Nevis and stay at the Hermitage Inn. Book an all inclusive holiday cheaply and don't stay there.

If my DH ever gets another job that's what I'm planning to do!

snowgirl1 Mon 19-Dec-16 16:08:48

If you're only going for a week, I'd consider somewhere like South Africa or Mauritius for less jet lag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now