Talk

Advanced search

Rhodes - 32 weeks pregnant

(8 Posts)
user1481649663 Wed 14-Dec-16 19:43:54

Booked on a girls holiday and just found out I'm pregnant! When we are due to go to Rhodes I will be 32 weeks pregnant. At the moment I'm quite positive I will be going and the midwife is happy too but my friends and the OH are a little worried.

The hospital would be 10 minutes drive away and everything is well at the mo and if I do have any complications I obviously won't go.

This is my first baby and not sure if I'm in denial it will be ok.

Anyone else travelled or gone on holiday about the same time or have experience of healthcare in Greece?

confused

Sandsnake Wed 14-Dec-16 20:00:32

Congrats!

I went to a part of Turkey very near Rhodes at about 32 weeks. It was fine - though I did feel very hot as it got up to 42 degrees in September! I generally felt quite well in my pregnancy though. I had a lovely time and was glad I went. We booked quite late though so I knew that I was likely to feel well.

Despite my positive experience if you can get a full refund then I would probably cancel the holiday. This is because a) you might well feel crap b) something might happen that means you can't go (I nearly missed out on mine due to concerns about my BP that turned out to be ok) and c) a girl's holiday with associated late nights / drinking is probably not what you will fancy doing at 32 weeks, even if it's a good pregnancy.

If it's non-refundable then play it by ear. If you have a healthy pregnancy and your midwife gives you the all clear (you will need a letter for the airline) then there's no reason why you can't go if you still want to. Just make absolutely sure you're covered by health insurance, don't even think about relying on the free EU healthcare.

specialsubject Wed 14-Dec-16 20:28:27

30 weeks from now is going to be very hot in Rhodes. You will be.spending a lot of time in the sea - could be worse really...

Do you have the travel insurance in place now?

user1481649663 Thu 15-Dec-16 09:57:35

thanks!

It will be early May so only like 20 degrees and its me and two mates so its quite chilled and all inclusive.

I do have insurance but haven't updated it yet about the pregnancy yet.

As it was an early bird deal I have a feeling I wont get a refund so might just play it by ear.

OnlyEatsToast Thu 15-Dec-16 09:58:34

You won't be able to fly at 32 weeks - most airlines insurance won't cover you. Sorry!

Kirriemuir Sun 18-Dec-16 17:02:37

You need to check the airline will allow you to fly. A lot cut off at 29/30 weeks.

CottonSock Sun 18-Dec-16 17:09:19

Probably fine. However, I was advised not to fly in my pregnancy due to some complications. I'd still plan it though. We went to centre parcs instead and it was cold and wet. Done greece in may twice and weather perfect. I might get planning!

SoupDragon Sun 18-Dec-16 17:23:39

Yes, I agree that you need to check with the airline. They don't want you to go into labour in the air.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now