Talk

Advanced search

Where can I spend Boxing Day?!?

(6 Posts)
Pollyanna9 Tue 15-Nov-16 19:13:34

Hi

DD wants to go to her dad's just for Boxing Day (long, long, long story but whatever the story is, it's 87 miles there, 87 back). On top of the fuel costs I would have a night of hotels to pay for as well if I elected to go down there the night before or stay on that night itself - which I could really do with avoiding altogether.

But I can only avoid that if I can think of somewhere for me to hole up for say 8 hours on Boxing Day, in or near Aylesbury? Library, public space, museum - I'm trying to think outside the box really!

Any ideas that don't involve booking an expensive hotel or spa?!!

Allalonenow Tue 15-Nov-16 19:39:04

Waddesdon Manor, have Christmas events, cafe, extensive grounds etc.
Buckinghamshire Railway Centre, cafe, train rides etc.

I doubt libraries will be open on the bank holiday. I'd phone to confirm opening hours of anywhere you were thinking of, also use the actual date not "Boxing Day" as this is one of those years where Boxing Day is a moveable feast. grin

Will the Dad not meet you somewhere half way, that would be more doable for you?

Pollyanna9 Tue 15-Nov-16 19:52:33

Thanks Allalonenow, I'll look into those suggestions specifically for Boxing Day the 26th!!

Let's not go into the meeting half way issue as it's VERY complicated indeed - this is not one of the good dads so I'm having to provide significant extra support to DD to enable her to have this contact.

Allalonenow Tue 15-Nov-16 21:37:28

Sorry you are having problems with an obnoxious Dad, they can be total arseholes, as I well know. Hope you sort something suitable out, shopping mall/cinema you've probably thought of already.
There are a couple of spars in the area, but they would cost an arm and a leg I would think. grin

The official Boxing Day Bank Holiday is Tuesday 27th this year!! hmm confused

mrsmortis Tue 22-Nov-16 14:39:44

Are you a sales shopper? How about spending the day at Bicester Village?

Pollyanna9 Wed 23-Nov-16 19:04:50

Ah yes mrsmortis, Bicester Village - I do know it but sadly, all my money will be going into the fuel required for the 174 mile round trip!! Good idea otherwise though...

God knows what Xmas is going to be like this year thanks to her shitty wanky twat headed cocksucking bell end of a dad.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

I found that the shopping centre is open on the 26th so I'll just loiter there and probably get arrested by the security staff for looking dodgy! That's if it goes ahead. She's got her first weekend at his since Easter at the start of December. I fear for how it's going to go so I'm holding my breath about our Xmas arrangements. I'd go by train but there's supposed to be loads of strikes and track works and so on so I don't think I'll do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now