Talk

Advanced search

Single parent holiday ideas

(4 Posts)
Cherryblossom200 Sun 13-Nov-16 18:45:59

Hi everyone,

I'm a single parent going on holiday with my toddler who will be 2 next year and my parents who are now quite elderly. This will be my first holiday with my toddler and I was to get the location/accommodation right. Ideally we would like to go to Greece in one of the more unspoilt islands such as kefalonia/Skiathos. I'm not a fan of high rise blocks of hotels. It would be lovely to have half board so we can all get a rest but would also look at villas.

Has anyone been to anywhere nice in Greece (or Spain but quiet location) close to a beach, and easy access to a town they can recommend? smile

Many thanks! x

ladydoer Mon 14-Nov-16 20:52:06

I'm a big fan of Crete and Rhodes islands in Greece..quiet (but avoid Jul and Aug), sandy beaches, hotels right on the beach, not very expensive
Been with my kids when they were 3 and 5 and had a really good time.

Cherryblossom200 Tue 15-Nov-16 09:04:52

Thank you!!

lottysmum Wed 30-Nov-16 22:13:56

Have you looked at perhaps doing a cruise ? I think this may suit all of you and would also give you a little bit of me time too.... I've been a single parent for 11 years and started taking my daughter abroad when she was 4yrs...but recently we have really enjoyed cruises....everything is done for you and you can really chill out ...they run kids clubs for toddlers and I'm sure your parents would enjoy the entertainment....last summer we did a Greek Island Tour from Rome and really enjoyed it ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now