Talk

Advanced search

Dubai - when to go and where?

(9 Posts)
Mumpbump Tue 13-Feb-07 11:43:21

Dh and I are thinking of going to Dubai, but need to go before September. He thinks the summer will be stinking hot there - does anyone have any idea what is the latest we could go? Or any tips on where to stay?

piglit Tue 13-Feb-07 11:49:50

Dh and I had the most fantastic holiday there. I loved it. If you want to push the boat out and really really spoil yourself then go for the Al Maha resort about 20 mins from Dubai itself. The best place I have ever been - really luxurious desert resort and spa (7 star!) and very very romantic. We also stayed at the Jumeirah Beach club which was fab.

I am

aviatrix Tue 13-Feb-07 11:52:51

Message withdrawn

LIZS Tue 13-Feb-07 12:50:50

Summer out there would be grim tbh. Many UK expats decamp here from June until September because of the heat.

Mumpbump Tue 13-Feb-07 13:02:21

I had in mind to go at the end of May - would it be too hot then?

LIZS Tue 13-Feb-07 13:05:59

According to here May is when the heat starts.

percypig Tue 13-Feb-07 13:11:12

DH and I were there for a few days at the end of our honeymoon - definitely worth going to, but it is REALLY hot in the summer - 43 degrees in July when we were there. As we were only there for 4 days we didn't mind too much, but for a longer stay it would have been unbearbale. May is probably better though, I think we would have enjoyed even more if it hadn't been so hot. We stayed at the Jumeirah Beach hotel (don't think I've spelt that right) the one shaped like a wave overlooking the Burj al Arab and it was great.

mythumbelinas Tue 13-Feb-07 13:11:14

I went to Dubai with a bunch of friends beginning of June last year. We loved it. It was v hot about 40 degrees, but to be honest it didn't bother us.
We mostly had breakfast, out by pool or beach to sunbathe .. dip in the pool/sea to cool off and sip ice cold drinks.
Later, back to hotel to shower, change and out early evening .. sight-seeing, great shopping malls, dinner, club etc

babydales Mon 26-Feb-07 14:48:55

We are off to the Mina a Sallam in August as its the only time we can go and really looking forward to it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: