Anyone been to Croatia with little ones? And would you recommend anywhere please..

(10 Posts)
palomapaloma Thu 10-Nov-16 17:39:58

My little boy is starting school in September so want to take the kids away somewhere before the summer holidays. I've a 2 year old too. Has anyone been to Croatia and had a nice time? Can you recommend any resorts/ activities or nice beaches that we would enjoy? Thanks !

Pinkheart5915 Thu 10-Nov-16 17:53:58

Me, DH, ds (turned 1 while we was away) and month old DD went to Croatia in September for a week. We had a fantastic time

We hired a car from the airport and stayed in the grand admiral hotel in Slano (40 minute car journey)
Slano was very quiet, the hotel was fab, the hotel was a Buffett evening meal and breakfast but even ds didn't struggle to find things to eat. The hotel was on the beach and had 2 pools so ds was happy in the pool and sea with us. Me and dh very much enjoyed the cocktail bar. I liked using the spa

One day we drove the car to Dubrovnik for the day, Dubrovnik is very nice espically once inside the city wallls. We also done the cable car while we was there

We drove to ston another day, again it was very nice

Few photos first one was our hotel, second one Slano hills, third little piece of Dubrovnik

palomapaloma Thu 10-Nov-16 20:56:17

Thanks so much for the info. Its somewhere I've always wanted to go and not a long flight!

suspiciouslemur Fri 11-Nov-16 16:47:59

I used to go to Croatia every year as a child and loved it! Haven't been as an adult or taken my children but it's something I hope to do. It's a beautiful country

SooticaTheWitchesCat Fri 11-Nov-16 17:52:43

We went to Croatia this year with our children. It is lovely there.

We stayed in Istria, the Northern part, near to Pula. We hired a car so saw lots of towns and resorts in the area. Pula and Rovinj were very nice but I think the best place for children with a nice sandy beach was Medulin.

palomapaloma Fri 11-Nov-16 21:12:44

Thanks will definitely look into it. What time of year did you go and was the temperature ok for little ones?

SooticaTheWitchesCat Tue 15-Nov-16 19:57:30

We went in August and it was lovely temperature, high 20s so not too hot.

DoloresVanCartier Tue 15-Nov-16 20:22:27

My friend takes her DS to Porec every year. He's 6 now. I went there when I was about 14 (the year Wham released "make it Big") and it was wonderful

palomapaloma Tue 15-Nov-16 20:26:07

Thanks I was thinking to stay near Pula then we could get a boat over to Venice for the day?

SooticaTheWitchesCat Mon 21-Nov-16 17:05:19

You can get the ferry over to Venice for the day, we were going to do it but decided against it in the end because it would have worked out a very long day with children. The ferry is about 3 hours each way. It was quite expensive too.

We are actually booking a short break to Venice from the UK and it isn't much more expensive and takes less time to get there smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now