Talk

Advanced search

Key Camp or own tent - where is good in France?

(48 Posts)
Beetrootccio Sat 10-Feb-07 20:51:17

Money is tight this year - so no luxery villas for us - where can we go?

Euro camp? is it full of plebs drinking english beer?

great camp sites with loads of stuff that are quietish for the anti social among us??

Beetrootccio Sat 10-Feb-07 21:25:00

uhdpuhscjkhpOIEHFS'CJ'PIhe['ofgihv'KDmc;'OAkef'piohjD"klxnm 'LDISHg'iovcxjm ;ajd

Beetrootccio Sun 11-Feb-07 09:13:15

blimey what odes a girl have to do to get some advice around here?

MamaG Sun 11-Feb-07 09:15:44

lol

soz beetroot. I clicked on here hoping to find some replies, Ithought "ooh that sounds good"

c'mon campers!

Beetrootccio Sun 11-Feb-07 16:12:12

oertsdxcfvghjkolpoiuytrdefghjkl;[po9iredscvbnmjuytrewsadfghjkloiuytredswzxcvbnm

KTeePee Sun 11-Feb-07 16:23:37

Look in the camping section or search the archive - there have been lots of threads already recommending campsites in France - the Vendee seems popular.

Beetrootccio Sun 11-Feb-07 17:27:07

thanks but I want personal attention

Gobbledigook Sun 11-Feb-07 17:29:12

I've not been Beety but am interested. Cod pointed me in the direction of keycamps adn they look quite good.

here

PrettyCandles Sun 11-Feb-07 17:32:00

Personal touch coming up:

We liked Jablines (just east of Paris) a couple of years ago. Good site, excellent showers etc, small playground and shop. In a nature centre redeveloped from a disused gravel pit, tyheres a nice inland beach, swimming lake, watersports elsewhere on the lake, bike hire, 15mins drive from Eurodisney and therefore easy to get to Paris by train from the Eurodisney stop.

Tho' IIRC someone said they had a health scare re the lakewater there last year.

mrsflowerpot Sun 11-Feb-07 17:34:00

Eurocamp etc is good for nice relaxing holiday without too much hassle - stick to the small sites though (we tend to stick to 250 pitches and less). They will still have good facilities but less of the english beer. We went to a v large one out of season once and in high season we would not have enjoyed it at all I don't think.

Where do you want to be - do you need to be near the sea etc?

We are extremely anti social on holiday if that is any reassurance.

Beetrootccio Sun 11-Feb-07 17:36:55

i think we wjoudl like to be near the sea. water sports,

I don't like other people - but am sure my kids would be happy hanging out with others although we can be very self contained as there are 6 of us.

Would like it to be French - not interested in English on Holiday with beer and f &C

mrsflowerpot Sun 11-Feb-07 17:46:56

if you can bear south of france in summer holidays we stayed here once - is near Frejus, small and quite quiet but with nice pool and restaurant. We went with Eurocamp but you can book direct.

mrsflowerpot Sun 11-Feb-07 17:48:08

vendee might be a bit english too - what about further south on that coast below Bordeaux? not been to any sites there but quite fancy it.

Beetrootccio Sun 11-Feb-07 17:52:33

that link looks nice,

We know bordeaux so think it cjoudl be fun to go near there and then we can hook up with ggg again.

I

crunchie Sun 11-Feb-07 18:11:00

Beety am I a chav??

I go to Eurocamp/kaycamp sites and they are great in France. If you look at the camping threads there is more info. However you owuld like this one la garenoire I know coddy is going here this summer, I used to go there as a child

We went here last year. Not too english and great pool. No beaches though.

I would look at vendee for water sports, and like other say keep away from large sites. I fancy here this year. Ile de re is all cycling and frech people. It is v french and laid back, paris by the sea Not party town at all.

Look at booking some of these direct if you are not going to use eurocamp kids clubs as you can do it much cheaper as high season is pricey with eurocamp. We book direct with our huge 3 bed tent last year paid about £300 for campsite and ferry (loads of tesco vouchers)

Beetrootccio Sun 11-Feb-07 18:24:39

all those look ok crunchie - hmm- it is all a bit scary though

ggglimpopo Sun 11-Feb-07 18:29:39

Message withdrawn

Beetrootccio Sun 11-Feb-07 18:30:32

yes - but we are skint this year so need to be very very careful...that is why we though camping might be good. you coudl come and join us

ggglimpopo Sun 11-Feb-07 18:32:25

Message withdrawn

Beetrootccio Sun 11-Feb-07 18:32:58

do you reckon we could get it for 500 quid

ggglimpopo Sun 11-Feb-07 18:34:04

Message withdrawn

Beetrootccio Sun 11-Feb-07 18:34:39

they would probably take the walls as well

Ceolas Sun 11-Feb-07 18:36:35

We could all buy it as a timeshare

Beetrootccio Sun 11-Feb-07 18:37:49

ggg would be in heaven with loads of netters living around the corner

ggglimpopo Sun 11-Feb-07 18:39:27

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: