Passport application help please!

(6 Posts)
Pinksparkie Thu 20-Oct-16 21:48:21

I am just applying for Dd's first passport. I'm looking at the list of documents that need to go with her. She is British born in Scotland, so is her dad, I'm Irish with Irish passport. Is it enough to send just her birth certificate with the application? It says on the list a little further down evidence of your parents claim to British nationality (i.e. Parents birth certificate) but that's not applicable to her is it? That's more for parents who got citizenship later on in life? Surely just the first block of documents is applicable in this case? I've attached a snapshot of the form.

Any advice gratefully received, I don't want to have the application delayed because something's not in it!!

dementedpixie Thu 20-Oct-16 21:58:59

Your Dd will be a British citizen through your dh as he has a British passport so I think his passport number in the relevant section should be ok

dementedpixie Thu 20-Oct-16 22:00:03

You could always phone the helpline to double check

GlowWine Thu 20-Oct-16 22:02:46

I had to give my DHs passport details as proof of his British nationality so my DD gets it from him. I don't think just being born in UK automatically confers British nationality, so her certificate alone is not enough. I also found they have a helpful helpline if you're not sure of what to send. and the PO check and send service should be able to help you make sure you send the right paperwork.

Pinksparkie Thu 20-Oct-16 22:14:57

That's great thanks, I have put dh's passport details in the application already so they have that , plus all grandparent details, so thought sending dh's birth certificate is a bit overkill

ChipIn Fri 21-Oct-16 14:06:26

I'm doing this for my DD at the moment too. When I read it earlier today it says we have to send grandparents birth and marriage certs because DH and I were both born after 1 January 1983... that could just be because we love overseas now and DD was born outside the uk.

Though what isn't clear to me is whether It has to be originals or copies...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now