Advanced search

Holiday insurancr

(3 Posts)
catx1606 Thu 20-Oct-16 21:23:44

We're looking to go abroad (I'm in the UK) for Christmas. I'll be 30-31 weeks pregnant when we go and I was wandering if anyone had any advice on insurance I.e cost and what company to use?

caroldecker Thu 20-Oct-16 22:06:01

I think you will struggle if you are travelling back after 32 weeks even with pregnancy specific cover.

mrsmortis Fri 21-Oct-16 11:20:13

Where are you going? In the EU or outside of it. If you are going in the EU you need to apply for an EHIC card. That will cover the medical bits to the same level of cover as a local would get (i.e. you still may have to pay something).

This doesn't stop you needing travel insurance as you will still want repatriation, cancellation cover, etc.

With something specialist you are often better to go to a broker if there is still a high street one near you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now