Talk

Advanced search

Present for best friend going travelling?

(11 Posts)
MummySetra Fri 07-Oct-16 21:43:55

One of my best friends is in her 30's and leaving to travel. I'm looking for present ideas for her - something small / compact but unique. Any ideas??

dementedma Fri 07-Oct-16 21:45:18

Journal

sooperdooper Fri 07-Oct-16 21:45:32

Battery pack charger for electronic items? smile

Salmiak Fri 07-Oct-16 21:54:19

Microfibre super absorbent towel.

Silk sleeping bag liner. (If she's staying in cheap hostels, not naice hotels). You can buy them on eBay, they fold up very small, don't get too hot at night, and come in a choice of colours

Or if she's flying a lot on her travels and you have a slightly larger budget then a years access to airport lounges, so she can relax in comfort

oldlaundbooth Fri 07-Oct-16 21:56:11

Corkscrew /bottle opener.

PeaceOfWildThings Fri 07-Oct-16 21:58:43

Mosquito net.

oldlaundbooth Fri 07-Oct-16 21:59:08

Or a large, thin, leightweight cotton scarf. She can use it us a scarf, towel, sarong, pillow, throw et etc.

Jeffjefftyjeff Fri 07-Oct-16 21:59:17

Second a decent sleeping bag liner, I was given a cotton one and used it a lot as a sheet. Also a nice little tin with decent ear plugs in it. And a Swiss card (credit card sized thing like a Swiss Army knife but with scissors, pen, mini knife).

SaladDressing Fri 07-Oct-16 22:06:03

If you know which countries she will be visiting could you get some local currency so that she can treat herself to a really nice meal. Or a hotel voucher for a break from hostels etc?

A voucher to make a photo book when she gets home?

Racmactac Fri 07-Oct-16 22:28:37

A voucher for a nice hotel? Cash?

mrsmortis Wed 12-Oct-16 16:14:04

A year long skype out subscription for the UK so she can call home whenever she has internet access?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now