Talk

Advanced search

Pick a farm stay for me...Tuscany....losing the will....

(10 Posts)
bitofabelly Tue 04-Oct-16 16:10:34

I've trawled through TripAdvisor, booking.com and agriturismo.it....and I'm frazzled.

Looking for a farm stay/ agriturismo in Tuscany, 3 kids who will be 13,10 and 8...swimming pool, space for soccer, family cooking class, restaurant on site...but most of all, somewhere where we can enjoy that's not too coupley...more of a kids meet kids environment....can anyone please recommend somewhere that fits this bill....we will be flying out of Bologna if that's any help.

Thanks so much

bitofabelly Tue 04-Oct-16 16:11:38

...and ps...I know I'm lucky to be in this predicament...but we save hard every year to go away and I like to try and get it as right as possible wink

Benio01 Fri 02-Jun-17 06:29:30

Hello - did you find somewhere in Tuscany? Also looking for somewhere to go with the kids. Thanks, B

bitofabelly Tue 13-Jun-17 21:55:23

Hi, have settled on this place although it wasn't our first choice :

Agriturismo Pietriccia.

Wanted this place based on food alone:

Agriturismo La Bruciata

Have a long list of places that appealed.

jenster1976 Wed 01-Nov-17 14:44:20

Hi, We're looking for an agriturismo for next year, with out 3 girls - 11, 9, 4) how did you get on - would you recommend this place? Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jenny

itsmehello Wed 01-Nov-17 15:22:16

I can recommend this blog from an Italian blogger based in Leeds:
lovefromtuscany.com/

Hope this helps.

bitofabelly Wed 01-Nov-17 17:33:46

Ooh replies..had forgotten about this thread. Yes we had a rest time...boys loved it, quirky family run place, lovely pool...really really good food...the Nona (granny) is so lovely...nothing really in the town...although it does have a really cool zip wire course at edge of village. Before here we were in pienza for a few nights which is much more scenic. I couldn’t fault it..there were other kids, and less stuffy than hotels at times. We met lovely people there. Each group has their own table at dinner but all eat at the same time. Breakfast is wow!!! We loved it...there are probably better places like my second choice above...in better locations...but we had a great time and made super memories!

CupanTaeAnois Thu 02-Nov-17 17:54:48

Trying to book too and brain is completely frazzled.
Complicated by fact local airport only flies to Verona and dh wants to be completely antisocial and book a private villa which costs£££. Flights cheaper midweek but rental Saturday to Saturday.confused

bitofabelly Thu 02-Nov-17 23:10:42

Where are ye going from Verona? What’s the plan...I love villas too!!

CupanTaeAnois Fri 03-Nov-17 08:25:50

No firm plans yet. We’ve already been quite a few times pre kids so not too fussed about the cultural aspect and not interested in Gardaland etc.
Prob try to get a villa or Agriturismo near San Gimignano for a week and maybe somewhere in the Veneto for the 2nd week. So long as kids have a pool they will be happy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now