Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Short break over Xmas

(6 Posts)
Pinkpeanut27 Mon 05-Sep-16 12:38:25

Is there such a thing as a short break between Xmas and new year ? I'm looking for somewhere to meet up with family since the family is now bigger than anyone's house (18)
We would like at least 3 units .

2014newme Mon 05-Sep-16 13:51:54

Yes twixmas but tends to be hotels as self catering places are normally for a week at that time

Pinkpeanut27 Mon 05-Sep-16 14:05:01

Thanks that's what I thought , need to buy a bigger house then !

mummymeister Mon 05-Sep-16 17:08:26

why not go for Christmas or new year? it would be something different. or the first weekend in January. self catering cottages will definitely have space then and it would be a much more reasonable price. The weekend before Christmas this year is 16-18th December and again most schools will have broken up by then. it will also be cheaper.

Pinkpeanut27 Mon 05-Sep-16 17:29:46

Christmas and new year will probably be too expensive .
My kids don't break up until 21st Dec but go back on 6th so can't do that first weekend either . Unless I can find somewhere close . It's worth a try though .

bigTillyMint Mon 05-Sep-16 17:33:11

We have been away with friends to a hotel for Twixmas just about every year for the last 12 or so - it is fab! Much cheaper and quieter. Do it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now