Luxury family resort for Oct half-term?

(12 Posts)
KingofnightvisionKingofinsight Mon 05-Sep-16 09:27:50

We didn't think we would be able to get away for Oct half-term due to work schedules, but now it looks like we can smile. Obviously we need to book ASAP. We haven't done a beach holiday since our first DC was a baby so we don't know what to look for. Our DCs are now 6 and 3. We are hoping to find a place that ticks all of these boxes (although maybe it's a pipe dream, especially at this late date)...
--Luxury resort
--Warm weather
--Good kids' club
--Nice beach
--Good food
--No more than 5 hr flight from London
--Still has availability for Oct half term

We are willing to spend up to around £6K, but hoping for a true luxury experience. (We are admittedly picky about pretty much everything and this is likely to be our only holiday for a while.). We were considering Mark Warner but the reviews put me off, and I think we are hoping to go a bit more high-end. I'm going to call Scott Dunn but I'm guessing half-term prices will make it a bit too dear.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions! Thank you very much.

LBOCS2 Mon 05-Sep-16 09:30:32

Sani in Halkidiki? Only one which may be a little debatable is how warm it'll be at the back end of October in Greece...

KingofnightvisionKingofinsight Mon 05-Sep-16 09:30:52

We can spend a bit more if we really need to. I would much rather spend £7K and be thrilled than spend £5K and be disappointed.

KingofnightvisionKingofinsight Mon 05-Sep-16 09:32:07

Thanks, LBOCS! We were very interested in Sani but the reviews on MN said the kids' club was awful!

superking Mon 05-Sep-16 09:36:02

Domes of Elounda in Crete is lovely and would tick all your boxes I think, except possibly it might not be as warm as you would like at the end of October.

LBOCS2 Mon 05-Sep-16 09:36:28

Huh. My DSS went when he was about 7, and had a really good time. The only thing you have to be careful of is making sure you book the sessions in advance if you want them!

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 05-Sep-16 09:38:11

I'd contact Scott Dunn with your requirements and see where they recommend.

StrawberrytallCake Mon 05-Sep-16 09:40:51

Morocco? 3 hrs, still hot....

StrawberrytallCake Mon 05-Sep-16 09:45:24

<https://smithandfamily.co.uk/child-friendly-hotels/jnane-tamsna family hotel>

This one looks nice although no kids club, you can hire nannies for 12 euros per hour and they have classes for the children?

KingofnightvisionKingofinsight Mon 05-Sep-16 09:51:47

Thanks very much everyone! Looks loke some great options and we will check them out.

MrsCampbell I'm encouraged that you think Scott Dunn might work for us. I'm going to call them later this morning!

sm40 Mon 05-Sep-16 09:58:53

Loved Sani and my usually reluctant 7 and 9 yo enjoyed the kids club. We booked direct and got flights. Only issue would be weather. Think it's their last week open.
What about Dubai? Maybe too far but can recommend Jumeirah beach hotel. Free access to waterpark. We booked through southall travel. Came out 2k cheaper than anyone else. Beware in both these places it's not cheap when you get there!!

Heebiejeebie Wed 07-Sep-16 22:41:57

Abama or annassa?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now