We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need some ideas for uk holidays with older kids

(4 Posts)
Pinkpeanut27 Tue 30-Aug-16 14:33:37

We have always struggled finding holidays to suit everyone . We have done cottages in the uk and villas in Europe with varying degrees of success.
This year we found the ideal holiday 1 week on Miami beach 2 weeks in New York everyone loved it . Kids 13,13,6. However it used up about 3 years holiday budget!
So I need some ideas for cheapish uk holidays .
Probably self catering , kids like things to do not looking at national trust houses or pretty fishing villages. Boys are active and like running jumping playing football etc and hate shopping and being hot. DD likes wifi and the beach and hot sun!
So any ideas where I can keep them all interested and happy that would have indoor activities for the inevitable wet days and out door stuff to tire them out ?
Have been to centre parcs a few times but I think that will be too expensive for 2. Weeks in the summer.

Am I looking for something that doesn't exist?

JemimaMuddledUp Tue 30-Aug-16 14:40:29

We went camping in Anglesey this summer. Campsite right by Lligwy beach, plenty of room for football, cricket etc. Safe enough to swim in the sea. We walked the coastal path and up Parys Mountain and did loads of cycling down the coast to Benllech and Moelfre and up to Amlwch. There was free WiFi on the campsite, but TBH after the first day nobody bothered with it.

My DC are 14, 12 and 10.

mary21 Tue 30-Aug-16 20:29:44

Take a look at things like Acorn family adventures or PGL family holidays For uk.
Another cheap option is to sky scanner anywhere then see what is there. We found £20 return flights to Cologne. We went canoeing in Sweden with very cheap flights. East European cities are also good bet . Budapest hot in summer and great water parks

ineedamoreadultieradult Tue 30-Aug-16 20:32:38

Forest Holidays

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now