We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.



Advanced search

Permission from Ex to travel to USA

(5 Posts)
Pencilplant Mon 22-Aug-16 19:28:25

I've split up with my husband for over a year and I am traveling soon to the US with my parents for a holiday. Do I need to get a letter from him giving permission for them to travel with me? He is an alcoholic and very inconsistent about how he behaves with me. I've not met him take the kids abroad for obvious reasons so I'm sure he will make this difficult for me. So what do I do and do I need a letter?

Pencilplant Tue 23-Aug-16 10:48:52


ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Tue 23-Aug-16 11:06:17

I never asked my ex for permission, my son has his name too, not mine. I think other people have had trouble though, hopefully others can advise.

Pencilplant Tue 23-Aug-16 17:37:28

Thanks Buttered. X

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Tue 23-Aug-16 18:17:59

Bump. Pencil there might be more traffic in the likes of chat thread maybe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now