Driving licence card instead of passport for ID

(6 Posts)
123fushia Fri 19-Aug-16 22:00:11

We are taking an internal flight and then a small plane to the Isle of Scilly. Have just checked my passport and its expired. No time to renew before we fly. Both airlines say passport or photograph driving licence card is required.DH has gone mad for not realising before now.....his and DS's passports are fine.
Can anyone reassure me that driving licence ID is really OK for internal and offshore flights please ?

Zanashar Fri 19-Aug-16 22:02:19

Hi, I've flown to Belfast many times with my driving license photo card (flybe, easyjet and bmibaby when they existed)
Which airline are you flying with?

CMOTDibbler Fri 19-Aug-16 22:03:44

Its fine within the UK - you can check on the relevant airlines website what they accept

123fushia Fri 19-Aug-16 22:06:26

Flying with Flybe.
Thanks so much for your responses - sounds as though it will be ok. Phew.
The power of mumsnet!
Thank you very much. Much appreciated. X

Zanashar Fri 19-Aug-16 22:20:36

Flybe are the best of the bunch that I've used for internal flights so don't worry! Enjoy your trip 😊
You could end up doing what I did once years ago........
Taking the Eurostar from St Pancras to Paris with my best friend and as we are queuing turn to my friend......."well at least we don't need passports as we're going by train"
She thought I was joking! (I wasn't )
I ended up having to explain to the ticket office what I'd done, that I'd have to go home ( BirminghAm) to get my passport, got rebooked onto the final train of the day, drove like a madwoman, got another friend to give me a lift to jump on the virgin train to Euston.
I made the last train from St Pancras with minutes to spare and managed to meet my friend at our hotel at 12:30am (impressed that I managed that given my French is very limited) .
I'm not stupid, honest! Just at that age my travel experiences had been somewhat limited so I just didn't know 😂😂😂😂

123fushia Fri 19-Aug-16 23:26:46

Ha ha ha! Hoping that my trip will be a little less dramatic! Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now