Plane Belt Extension

(9 Posts)
NotAsYoungAsIWas Wed 17-Aug-16 11:35:07

I am travelling in a week on my first plane journey in a LONG time😱 I am a size 20/22 and am horrified and embarrassed that I may need a belt extension. How/when do I ask for one?? It may sound petty but it's really stopping me from feeling excited about my holiday!

NathM Wed 17-Aug-16 15:36:49

Don't be worried or stressed, what company are you flying with? Call them and give them a heads up to avoid any more worry. I'd say this is pretty common so they should be able to sort it discreetly and quickly smile

marcopront Wed 17-Aug-16 15:43:32

What I always do is ask a member of cabin crew when I am sitting down as they go past. It has ever been a problem. I didn't need one when I was size 22 though.

Feebot2001 Wed 17-Aug-16 15:50:39

I was around that size on my last flight. I didn't need one

NotAsYoungAsIWas Wed 17-Aug-16 16:59:47

Thanks for your responses. I'm flying with Thomson - my eldest daughter who flies here, there and everywhere says I've nothing to worry about. Someone suggested maybe asking as I board?

timelytess Wed 17-Aug-16 17:02:10

As you get on, tell the steward at the door that you'll need a seat belt extension. Usually, they'll provide it there and then, or they might bring it out to you when you're seated. It will be fine. If you're worried, phone in advance.

Hersetta427 Thu 18-Aug-16 10:13:49

I used to ask for one as I got on. Thomson belts are quite big though so you should be fine (Ryanair though are very small). I have my own one now so even if I need one, I no longer have to ask and be embarrassed.

Drowzeee Thu 18-Aug-16 15:45:46

I agree with others, I have flown as a size 20 and there was plenty of room in the belt so can't imagine you would need an extension for a 22 which is only 1 size bigger.

Ruhrpott Thu 18-Aug-16 15:47:31

I'm a similar size and flew with Thomson last year and didn't need a seat extension. You will be fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now