Talk

Advanced search

Urgent. Connecting flight advice

(8 Posts)
Helenluvsrob Tue 16-Aug-16 20:26:39

Urgent q ! Connecting flight at schipol transferring to flight to France. Will we have to go through security again ie can we buy stuff at boots airside in the uk that doesn't go in a clear bag, or a nice big bottle of gin?

CMOTDibbler Tue 16-Aug-16 20:29:58

You clear at the gate at Schipol, so no to Boots

blueskyinmarch Tue 16-Aug-16 20:31:04

Buy the gin at Schipol.

Helenluvsrob Tue 16-Aug-16 20:32:04

So are you saying we can't get any new liquids airside in the uk?

Bromeliad Tue 16-Aug-16 20:32:42

You don't clear at the gate any more they upgraded last year (it's wonderful!). But you will have to change to the Schengen departures and go through passport control. I don't think you go through security though. If you ask they should put any liquids in a sealed bag for you just in case.

Lolimax Tue 16-Aug-16 20:33:03

Oh and we had a major queue last week transferring so be prepared. Had a hour and a half ended queuing for an hour- you have to go through passport control. Coming back was so much nicer.

Helenluvsrob Tue 16-Aug-16 20:38:24

Heck loli we've only got an hour !

Lolimax Tue 16-Aug-16 21:29:20

Helen don't panic they let those boarding first jump to the front of the queue. It's all signed well follow signs for Transfers and show the officials your boarding passes you'll be sent to the front. There are computerised controls which we couldn't use as we had a 13 year old with us. On the way there I was last to board I was in a right state but the staff were really laid back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now