Talk

Advanced search

Holiday cottages with real cots?

(10 Posts)
ComeLuckyApril Mon 15-Aug-16 16:11:58

I always think travel cots look really uncomfy. Do you still get holiday cottages with real cots and does anyone have any pointers on where to look?

HuckleberryGin Mon 15-Aug-16 16:13:32

I've never been to one with them because I suppose they tale up space, whereas travel cots can be stored easily when not in use.

purplefizz26 Mon 15-Aug-16 16:15:43

I think it's unlikely because of space but I always pack a really thick fleece throw and put that underneath a flat sheet so it's comfier!

Alexthekid Mon 15-Aug-16 16:16:41

I went to one which had a real cot once.
Don't think it's a thing though really.

But did you know (I didn't until recently) you can get a proper thick foam mattress for a travel cot? I got one from Smyths toy shop and it makes the travel cot a lot more comfy - well my DS sleeps loads better in his now anyway! That might be an option for you?

MyGreenSofa Mon 15-Aug-16 16:19:24

I ordered a folding travel cot mattress on Amazon - it's excellent. Fairly easy to pack and no need to worry about uncomfortable travel cots or dirty/old mattresses!

cudbywestrangers Mon 15-Aug-16 16:19:54

Not used them myself but friends have used baby friendly boltholes. Their places might have them...

ComeLuckyApril Mon 15-Aug-16 16:36:48

A shame it's not a thing! I'm nervous about adding mattresses since reading a thing somewhere about a baby getting stuck between the soft walls and the added mattress. I don't know how old they have to be before you trust they will be OK with stuff like that (can you tell this is my PFB?!)

Alexthekid Mon 15-Aug-16 21:45:16

My mattress fits snugly, there's no way my DS could get stuck between the two.

He's 12 months now but has been going in it since he was about 9 months old.

jenpetronus Tue 16-Aug-16 10:12:01

Our gite in Brittany has a real cot! It's a lovely John Lewis one. smile

Misty9 Wed 17-Aug-16 23:45:37

We've used baby friendly boltholes and the place we stayed in had a real cot. Also bizarrely the hotel in majorca had a proper cot too. Perhaps just worth asking when you've found somewhere?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now