Talk

Advanced search

Christmas holiday ideas please!

(8 Posts)
CPtart Fri 12-Aug-16 07:21:59

I have just received an unexpected bonus of some extra leave days which means we can have several days holiday away just after Christmas. It would be DH and I and two DC 13 and 11. I would love to go abroad but our budget doesn't really allow for long haul (thinking £2-3k max) and I wonder if the canaries is a bit of a risk weather wise. I feel like we've done plenty in this country over the years but open to ideas and suggestions.

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 12-Aug-16 08:44:05

Canary Islands can be quite hot in December/January.

Makemineacabsauv Fri 12-Aug-16 22:47:39

We went to Rome one year at that time and it was fantastic. Really interesting place, amazing food and mild weather. We ate outside in the evening under patio heaters.
Or if you want a chill out week look at the Canaries.

brandyandsummergloves Mon 15-Aug-16 17:22:20

We went to Tenerife last January and, although it was sunny in the daytime, the evenings were really cold! I went out mostly in jeans jacket and boots after 6pm.
I do feel the cold though!

CPtart Tue 16-Aug-16 20:53:59

Thanks all. Just booked Fuerteventura ( I know it's windy, have been before). Fingers x the weather is decent but I'll definitely pack some warm stuff for the evenings!

Hersetta427 Thu 18-Aug-16 10:18:27

We went to Hurghada in Egypt last new year - weather was lovely and lovely heated pools. Xmas is a terribly expensive time of year to go though - more expensive for a week than August school holidays.

BluebirdH Sat 03-Sep-16 07:44:57

Anyone tried Club La Santa on Lanzarote at Christmas?

BluebirdH Sat 03-Sep-16 07:47:54

Sorry CPtart very impressed that you've booked! have a great time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now