Talk

Advanced search

BUDGET Europe (child free) short break 3rd - 8th Sept.....

(5 Posts)
Poppledopple Sat 06-Aug-16 13:22:00

This is the only window we have --- but will it still be peak season and expensive? Where can we go that would be really cheap? Should I be looking for a package (do they exist for short breaks?) - or arranging all the bits ourselves. Are city breaks cheaper at this time? any ideas......dont know where to start!

BarbaraofSeville Sun 07-Aug-16 09:16:37

What about Mallorca, although it depends what you mean by 'really cheap'.

We have been very late August early September and it's been fine pricewise and still very hot - we are also child free and wouldn't dream of paying school holiday prices!

If you're not going for a full week, it's probably best to book separately but jet2holidays do packages of any length so that's an option if you prefer to book the flight/accomodation, transfer all in one go - usually very good value too. Easyjetholidays might be similar. Depends whether you want to hire a car or have a transfer provided. We used Hiper booked via holiday autos and it was all good.

If it was me I would look at the packages available from the above, and then maybe look at whats available separately too. I use travel republic or skyscanner to price up flights and TR or booking.com to price up and check out reviews for hotels.

Poppledopple Sun 07-Aug-16 11:31:15

Thanks Barbara -- I will get looking....someone mentioned Croatia - so I might have a rummage there as well....

ladydoer Sun 07-Aug-16 22:47:40

Croatia coastline is awesome! Sept it is really cheap and fairly easy to find accommodation

Liked Zadar, Split, island of Hvar, Dubrovnik, someone told me island of Krka is great too but haven't seen it yet
The national parks Plitvice Lakes is awesome! (full day), also Krka waterfalls (also full day, includes swimming in the waterfalls!)

Pula and Rovinj are also on my travel list, cousin visited last year and had amazing photos. They are a bit off Zadar-Dubrovnik route though.

Delicious food and overall inexpensive.

revealall Mon 08-Aug-16 15:28:55

Easy jet have a sale on until tomorrow. Rome is cheap. Literally everything is walking distance so no extra tour bus/ metro/ boat trips needed. Very few places of interest charge anything and there is so so much to see.
Taxis in and out of the city are one price. Lots of cheap snack sandwich/ pizza places for meals our and most importantly cheap wine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now