Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Canaries with 4yo and 20months - Roca Nivaria, Ritz Carlton Abama, Sheraton la Caleta, Princesa Yaiza?

(18 Posts)
minipie Tue 02-Aug-16 13:44:29

Has anyone been to any of these hotels and have any feedback?

(Or worked there - Lisa2 are you around?)

We want to go for 7 or 10 days in November with DDs age 4 and 20 months. Looking for a good kids club, heated pool and a suite or family room where we can close the door and have a separate sleeping area from the girls. Ideally a creche, but if not then a kids club where the little one can go with an adult.

We also looked at the Sensatori Tenerife but its Master Suites seem to be booked up so we'd all be in one room (we are all light sleepers).

I would love any reviews of these, especially from people who've been there with small DC, or alternative suggestions?

Thank you

Magazinepile Tue 02-Aug-16 14:01:36

We did princesa yaiza 2 years ago with 2 yr old dd and we liked it a lot. We have been to nicer but was lovely. There's good kids club too. There's a nice selection of restaurants and shops surrounding. Very helpful staff as well who treated dd like a princess!grin

lovelybangers Tue 02-Aug-16 14:04:33

I stayed at Sheraton La Caleta a few years ago for my honeymoon.

There were very few children there. I don't think I would have chosen it to take young DC to.

minipie Tue 02-Aug-16 15:16:38

Thanks, both helpful comments.

Magazine was there a heated pool do you remember? Doesn't need to be boiling but just enough so the DDs don't go blue too quickly grin

Any more comments very welcome!

Magazinepile Tue 02-Aug-16 17:15:43

Yes there were 2 pools, one normal heated and the other unheated and salty. Remember the unheated one was absolutely freezing but the other not. The heated was great for us - we went end of May beginning of June. Would definitely recommend!grin

minipie Tue 02-Aug-16 17:59:42

Thanks - was the heated one a shelving pool as that's what we need for the DDs?

(last question I promise!)

Madbengalmum Tue 02-Aug-16 18:07:24

Roca nivaria is in an area of tenerife i wouldnt want to stay in. Not the best IMHO.
Sheraton la caleta is in a fab location, but not so child friendly.

Abama is in the middle of nowhere on a busy road, so you are resort bound unless you taxi or hire a car to go everywhere.

Princess yazia is the best all rounder for kids.

Hope this helps.

Magazinepile Tue 02-Aug-16 21:16:04

Yes the pool is shelving so will be no problem for the dds! And don't worry I'm happy to answer questions I like it! and I have nothing better to do grin

minipie Tue 02-Aug-16 22:21:11

Thanks!

Madbengal what's wrong with the roca nivaria area? Unsafe? Noisy? Ugly?

Tbh I doubt we will leave the resort very often, if there is plenty there.

Not sure Yaiza will work - looks like they will only book out their family suites if you have at least 2 kids over 2 sad

lovelybangers Wed 03-Aug-16 07:28:04

I think that the Roca Nivaria is in Playa Paraiso?

it's a 'newly'built resort- but there isn't much there. I haven't stayed there but have passed it many times on various bus/car journeys up and down the coastline.

NancyJoan Wed 03-Aug-16 08:06:23

Princess Yaiza was great when went a couple of years ago for May half term. We didn't have a family suite (they are in a separate block a bit away from the main hotel), just a normal suite. Had a huge bedroom with tv, big bathroom, little kitchenette with fridge, microwave, kettle, sitting room with two sofas that turned down into proper single beds, and then a balcony.

Food was fine, though I get a bit fed up with buffets. Kids club was great, pool lovely, and it's a good location for walking either to the marina or to the restaurants etc in Playa Blanca.

minipie Wed 03-Aug-16 10:26:22

Thanks - that sounds ok lovely as I don't think we'll get out much (sadly!)

Nancy ooh having a kitchenette would be good. Buffets aren't my favourite either but they work well with toddlers! Can I ask, was there a wall & door between your bedroom and sitting room or was it all in one? I will hunt the floorplan on line too.

minipie Wed 03-Aug-16 10:34:16

Aha, looks like the suites at Yaiza do have a door! excellent.

NancyJoan Wed 03-Aug-16 17:23:24

Proper door, proper sep bedroom, bathroom self contained too, then through to sitting room. Was perfect set up for hols with two small kids.

NathM Sun 07-Aug-16 20:49:15

I would definitely recommend Princesa yaiza. We were there last year for two weeks. Going to Portugal this year for a change but definitely going back to yaiza next year smile

minipie Sun 07-Aug-16 21:47:58

Just found out Yaiza has a new creche this year which takes under 3s! Think that settles it... smile

Thanks all

minipie Mon 08-Aug-16 13:23:14

Hmmm been looking at tripadvisor and recent reviews for Yaiza aren't so great, sounds like it's getting a bit tired and service a bit overwhelmed... (lack of cleaning etc)? Maybe that is only at peak times?

Anyone been there recently?

Madbengalmum when you say La Caleta is not so child friendly, why is that - not so many kids facilities? Not so many other kids as guests? or unwelcoming to kids? La Caleta looks good but worried if they won't tolerate little ones...

minipie Mon 08-Aug-16 18:05:28

Argh I keep finding new options - Atlantis Suites, Sands Beach, Baobab Suites, Lopesan Baobab, Gran Melia Palacia de Isora......

I am going tripadvisor blind!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now