Talk

Advanced search

Change to flight times - worth a complaint?

(10 Posts)
LunaLoveg00d Fri 29-Jul-16 09:46:45

Travelling during the Scottish school October break with a large tour operator to Greece. We have three kids aged between 8 and 14. When we booked the holiday we looked long and hard for flights which were not arriving in the middle of the night as due to experience we know what a nightmare it is. The flight was supposed to arrive back at 0030, and it's just a short ride home from the airport. Late night, but do-able. Have just had an email from the tour operator saying the flights have changed, outward is the same, home we are not leaving Greece until 2345 and will not land until 0245. Given the time it takes to get through an airport and then home, it's going to be probably after 4am. Not happy at all, possibly wouldn't have ever booked the holiday with such crap flight times.

Worth a strongly worded complaint?

mummymeister Fri 29-Jul-16 11:17:16

Definitely worth a complaint but don't expect anything other than a "sorry we wont do it again" reply. when you book it doesn't guarantee you a particular flight time - all the big companies have very carefully worded ts and cs so that they can do this without paying any sort of penalty.

is there a different flight option that day with the same company?

mouldycheesefan Fri 29-Jul-16 11:18:50

Not worth a complaint. Flight times can be changed which is why you are supposed to confirm them 72 hours before.

LunaLoveg00d Fri 29-Jul-16 15:28:33

No we've booked it as part of a package, only one flight out and one back. I know there's not much we can do about it, but it's very annoying.

Coconutty Fri 29-Jul-16 16:54:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sidge Fri 29-Jul-16 16:59:09

If you read the small print it will say something like 'flight times subject to change'. I'd be surprised if your complaint was valid and I think you're unlikely to receive any recompense or offered alternative flights. That doesn't mean it's not worth having a conversation with the package company.

My friend is going next week, and has had hers changed to a different time and a different airport! Now that's crap.

LunaLoveg00d Fri 29-Jul-16 17:43:43

Not really willing to change airports no. We are 20 minutes from Glasgow airport, the only alternative would be Edinburgh which is over an hour. Not prepared to schlepp to Manchester.

Will have a wee whinge at the tour operator and say what they say, would be happy with the offer of free meals or a bottle of wine or something. Just a gesture to acknowledge the inconvenience of arriving home in hte middle of hte night with children.

Rafflesway Sun 31-Jul-16 13:08:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

anyname123 Sun 31-Jul-16 13:16:57

Airlines are bastards. Vueling changed my flight, meaning I miss a connection. They could not give a flying fuck and sent me a 36 page document, and buried in there is that they can change the flight (up to 24 hours I think!!!!) And even the airports, and I just have to sick it up. Fuckers angry

Madbengalmum Sun 31-Jul-16 13:21:31

Not much point OP as they wont do anything. Apart from hating Ryanair full stop, it is one of the reasons i wont fly with them,as they are always changing flight times!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now