Talk

Advanced search

Do we need a heated pool?? Advice plz!

(6 Posts)
OLLYSMa Thu 28-Jul-16 22:07:10

Hi everyone,

We ar attempting a family holiday in the 2nd week of September as a last minute hols with some friends so looking to get a Villa in either portugal, menorca, majorca and I think we may need a heated pool for our 11 month old to be able to be in there for longer than 5 mins? Anyone else done the same could advise?

everdene Thu 28-Jul-16 22:13:16

Hi, we had a holiday in Provence with an unheated pool with my DNephew who is 18 months and he couldn't really get in the water even in the middle of August- I'd go heated next time.

PacificDogwod Thu 28-Jul-16 22:14:52

Yes, heated pool will make pool time more realistic with an under-1 tbh.

It will of course also depend on how lucky you are with the weather - we are just back from Mallorca and our unheated pool was considerably warmer after 3 days for 35 degrees C grin

Coconutty Fri 29-Jul-16 16:56:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sleepwhenidie Fri 29-Jul-16 16:59:30

Yes I definitely would. And email before booking to confirm what temp the pool reaches, we've been caught out once or twice in places where heated doesn't necessarily mean warm enough, especially on the first day or two if the heating has only just been switched on!

budgiegirl Thu 04-Aug-16 00:15:54

We took our 6 month old to Menorca in September, and he had no problem being in unheated swimming pools (although we didn't tend to go in for more than about 15 mins at a time). Usually pools are quite warm by that time of year, although this can be weather dependant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now