Talk

Advanced search

Where shall I go for my first solo holiday?

(5 Posts)
Shodan Thu 28-Jul-16 21:53:13

I've recently separated from H. I was planning to go away with a couple of friends but they seem to be going rather quiet on the whole idea.

So I've decided to take myself away grin

I rather fancy Italy, having already been to Rome, Florence and Venice. I looked at Ischia but admit to feeling a little unnerved at the idea of getting from Naples airport to the port and thence onwards.

Has anyone got any bright ideas for me? It would probably be for 4 or 5 nights and ideally I want a pool I can relax by, so maybe not a city break as such?

MyLlamasGoneBananas Tue 30-Aug-16 20:42:22

Did you sort something out on the end?
I hope you managed to get away somewhere.
I took the dc on holiday (only Spain) myself this summer but looking to do a few trips by myself.
I'm considering certain Greek Islands for next Spring where I can flop by the pool with a pile of books to read but also a bit of history/culture to explore locally. I'm not as confident as I was 20 years ago so it's small baby steps for me but I've given up waiting for people to come with me. Life's too short so I'm going to be travelling alone.

Muddle2000 Wed 31-Aug-16 20:42:57

Some package companies eg First Choice have offers for supplement free
rooms at low season. You see, the most discouraging thing for solo
travellers is that they are often charged extra to occupy a room.
I know in the north of Tenerife hotels have single rooms but this is not
common elsewhere
Barcelona has lots of hotels on the beach but near enough to explore the
city. The Amalfi coast in Italy takes a lot of beating
There is a co called Explore which puts people in a group but you might
not like being herded around too much.
Far more women than men travel solo btw

KARMAisaBtch Wed 31-Aug-16 22:28:38

How about Croatia? Dubrovnik or Split, either is nice! smile

mineofuselessinformation Wed 31-Aug-16 22:38:08

I went to Lake Garda, lolled about a bit and took trips to Florence and Venice - was lovely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now