Advanced search

I know this is silly question but Scotland to London by plane does DS need passport or will learner DL be enough?

(5 Posts)
RTKangaMummy Tue 26-Jul-16 00:59:55

His passport has expired and we are wanting to send it off to get it renewed this week but might not be back in time for his possible flight (other option is train)

But totally confused if he needs one to fly

I think he doesn't cos within UK but also think he might do to go through security on domestic flight

The only info I can find is old so didn't know what rules are in place now

RTKangaMummy Tue 26-Jul-16 01:07:22

EDI to LCY or LHR are the options we are looking at - just in case it makes any difference

Thank you smile

blueskyinmarch Tue 26-Jul-16 01:22:20

Provisional license is fine for internal flights.

blueskyinmarch Tue 26-Jul-16 01:22:21

Provisional license is fine for internal flights.

EBearhug Tue 26-Jul-16 01:41:25

Provisional licence should be fine, but probably worth checking with the carrier.

I got my renewed passport back 2 weeks ago - took about 10 days in total, for a straightforward adult renewal. If your DS is changing from a child to adult passport, that could take a bit longer, I guess (no idea of his age.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now