Talk

Advanced search

Passport eek!

(8 Posts)
Thebeachismyhappyplace Wed 20-Jul-16 23:03:10

Oh bloody hell i am just doing pre holiday checks... And the kids passports expired
A few weeks ago. We're due to travel to france 5 August blush
So cross with myself - can i even sort this in time can't make sense of website and if a child renewal might be ok in a week... Any ideas anyone?

Hersetta427 Thu 21-Jul-16 08:30:24

I did a renewal a couple of weeks ago - it took 8 days. That was check and send though. you may be better off getting an appointment although not sure they do this for kids passports.

AveEldon Thu 21-Jul-16 08:35:29

www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently/1-day-or-1-week-service

You can renew a child passport in 1 week but you need an in-person appt

LIZS Thu 21-Jul-16 08:43:24

Renewals usually don't take long. You may be able to do it online and send the declaration.

KittyKrap Thu 21-Jul-16 08:44:15

I had a lost passport which also needed a renewal. A very nice man on the phone told me he'd put a special note on it - we were due to go on honeymoon (!!!!). Took about a week.

marcopront Sat 23-Jul-16 07:28:02

I did the one week service to renew my DDs.

Appointment on the Thursday, new passport arrived on the Tuesday and supporting documents arrived the Friday.

I booked the appointment online a couple of weeks before and there were loads of appointments available. This was a month ago though.

twilightcafe Sat 23-Jul-16 07:33:47

I did a renewal for mine and DDs passports in early July and didn't use check and send. The new ones came back in just over a week.
But as it's now peak holiday season, I'd play it safe and pay for the one-week service.

DurhamDurham Sat 23-Jul-16 07:38:22

Just make sure all details are correct, check and send only check that the form has been filled in correctly, the checker will not know if all the details are correct. My husband works at a passport office and approx half of all applications are filled out incorrectly or without the right supporting documents and this is what causes a delay.

Good luck op!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now