Talk

Advanced search

Public transport in Cologne

(2 Posts)
RosyMac Mon 18-Jul-16 09:28:32

Hi I am travelling abroad for the first time and I need to get from the Cologne Bonn airport, to this hotel address: NH Koln City, Holzmarkt 47, 50667 Cologne
I think it'll be too expensive to get a cab; does anyone know of a train or bus route that's simple? Thankyou smile

Artandco Mon 18-Jul-16 10:32:19

The train is very simple.

Train from airport to koln hauptbahnhof (main station). Runs straight from airport, it's about €3, takes about 15 mins.

From the hauptbahnhof you can either walk down along the river to hotel - 15 ish mins walk. Basically along river in a straight line. Or you can take the underground to severinsstrasse - probably takes same time as walking tbh as its about 5-10 mins on tube and 5 min walk the other end.

That hotel is right near the Lindt chocolate museum so you can always ask directions from the hauptbahnhof to there once you arrive.

Taxis a nightmare in Cologne as many roads one way streets so you go in huge loops. Get a day/ 3 day/ week long travel pass that allows unlimited travel between airport and all over Cologne on trams and tubes for most convienince. Again I avoid buses mainly as they take longer than the street trams or tubes

It's a very small inner city so walking around most is easy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now