Advanced search

Under 18s China Visa with absent parent

(1 Post)
user1468767446 Sun 17-Jul-16 19:09:03


I'm hoping someone can help or may have been through a similar situation.

We are soon to travel to China and my son has no contact currently with his other parent of their own choice and we haven’t heard from them for some time.

I note the requirements from the Visa website stating the following.

Applications for those who are under 18 years old should be SIGNED BY BOTH PARENTS on the form Section 5, and PASSPORTS OF BOTH PARENTS (original and copy of information page and signature page)

Has anyone had experience of this and how did they get around it? Were the Visa office staff understanding and did you successfully get your child’s Visa with only one parents signature?

I think the last point of note would be even if I could get a signature and don’t believe they have a passport anyway.

The persons travelling are all UK nationals with UK passports.

Thank you for any advice in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now