Advanced search

Passport evidence HELP PLEASE

(3 Posts)
Loz4510 Mon 11-Jul-16 17:04:02

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me.

So I done my sons first passport application, it is saying I need to send grandparents birth certificates in as evidence, problem 1) my mum name is different as she kept her married name although divorced and unable to find her absolute decree (whatever it's caled), I have no contact with my dad, I know no details of him! 2) my sons dad is also applying for his passport so I can't send his birth certificate or his parents with my sons. We fly out in 9 weeks, I know they say not to book until having a valid passport but had a really POO day yesterday (my mum has relapsed and my friends anniversary of her death) and we just booked it 🙈🙈. Now I'm sure I have read on here quite a few ppl sent there lo's applications in without the grandparents documentation they were also born AFTER 1982 and was still issued passport. I was born 1989 & my partner 1985.

Sorry for been so long winded. Thanks in advance

lalalalyra Mon 11-Jul-16 17:48:04

You can order your parents' birth certificates online throug the GRO if you know their names and when they were born. Your Mum's married name doesn't matter because her maiden name will have been on your birth certificate which they can check with your passport.
You can do the same with your son's dad's documents. It won't be cheap to get lots of copies, but your only other option is to wait until he gets his docs back which might be a risk time wise.

WitteryTwittery Mon 11-Jul-16 17:52:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now