Talk

Advanced search

Where to stay with 5 of us in Loire/Dordogne/Vendee?

(9 Posts)
RooTwo Sat 09-Jul-16 11:35:24

We have managed to get to July without having booked anywhere to stay for the second part of our 2 weeks in France this August - help! Looking for somewhere to stay en route home from southern France - probably in the Loire/Vendee/Dordogne, for 4/5 nights. Any recommendations for lovely places to try? There are five of us - three children. Would love a gite with a pool (could be shared) or even a B & B. A bit wary of Eurocamps etc ...

Thanks in advance for tips!

lovelybangers Sat 09-Jul-16 11:39:01

We stayed in the Vendee recently. We were a party of four adults but there was room for 6

Vendee

There are two cottages sharing one pool, but each has its own distinct outdoor area.

lovelybangers Sat 09-Jul-16 11:39:58

We were in La Grange btw.

RooTwo Sat 09-Jul-16 11:48:21

Thanks lovelybangers looks lovely - it's booked sadly! Wish we had not left this till so late ...

lovelybangers Sat 09-Jul-16 12:12:47

That's a shame.

We stayed here a few years ago. Lovely little village.

dordogne

ChippyMinton Sun 10-Jul-16 12:46:05

Depending on the age of your DC, I would look at visiting Puy du Fou on the way back.

We rented a tent on this local site.

www.campinglabreteche.com/uk/hebergements/7-rentals-camping-vendee

frenchfancy Mon 11-Jul-16 10:09:21

Puy du Fou is a great idea. I recommend looking at the independent campsites that are inland. Many of them have mobile homes for rent and should have availability, but you may need to book a whole week Saturday-Saturday.

Try Camping Mervent It is a nice small campsite with a good pool that we go to from time to time. You can visit the puy du Fou from this Vendee campsite and it is in a Forest with a lake and a Zoo. I've just checked and they have availability for 500€/week.

Roundtheworld1 Mon 11-Jul-16 10:51:35

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

lovelybangers Mon 11-Jul-16 21:55:28

That's lovely roundtheworld

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now