Aparthotels?

(6 Posts)
OuchLegoHurts Fri 08-Jul-16 11:05:43

Just back from a lovely holiday in an aparthotel in Spain, which had the best of both worlds - the space of an apartment with self-catering opportunities but also the half board/all inclusive option. We're thinking of going for a longer holiday next time but would like to try somewhere different, like another part of Spain or Greek Islands or Portugal. The problem is that everywhere seems to be either self catering or else just hotel rooms.
Any suggestions of hotels with apartment/villas attached or else aparthotels? If possible, not too loud/crazy/party party places!

rookiemere Fri 08-Jul-16 20:52:42

We've been to this place in Tenerife a number of times and it has exactly what you say - the space of self catering, but restaurant on site, some entertainment for DS and most importantly a pool side bar:
www.regencycountryclub.com.
It's not cheap sadly, but there are other similar set ups but probably not as luxurious.
I'd try looking for timeshare in the first place as that's the set up you want, but then check out the normal booking sites to stay without buying.

revealall Fri 08-Jul-16 23:38:24

I booked the BQ Augusta in Mallorca, 20 mins walk from Palma. A bargain price for what you get. Perhaps too far out of town if you aren't walking fans but the bus service to the water park etc is great for a shorter holiday.

OuchLegoHurts Sat 09-Jul-16 17:09:36

Thanks guys

Hersetta427 Mon 11-Jul-16 12:29:24

The protur Group in Spain have a number of aparthotels (the Bonaire, the Bada Vista etc) all available through Thomson. Lykia world in Turkey also offer the same I believe. Also the holiday Village Aliathon in CYprus has recently introduced a new s/c concept but does offer the ability to upgrade to HB or AI. Again through Thomson.

TheBitterBoy Mon 11-Jul-16 12:32:52

We stayed in aparthotel Villa Concha in Puerto Pollenca on Mallorca two years in a row. Highly recommended, we did b&b and it was perfect. They are part of the Hoposa group, I think they have quite a few aparthotels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now