Which two holidays would you choose?

(9 Posts)
Mallowmarshmallow Mon 04-Jul-16 13:06:28

I would like to make the most of the next two summers enjoying a summer holiday each year out of school holidays before my eldest starts school. The children are currently 3 in October and six months.

I would like to try two out of the following three:

A villa holiday with private pool
A self catering holiday to apartments we have visited before in Greece
An all inclusive with splash pools/waterpark

Which two would you choose? (Any specific recommendations would be brilliant...)

bitofabelly Tue 05-Jul-16 06:32:44

Hi there, your children are young so the last two options might work best...however...I love a good villa with a pool!!!! I'm a serial holiday planner!! If you go for a house with a pool...sometimes you can get a pool with a smaller shallow little section for toddlers /younger kids. I saw a few in lanzarote when I looked before. For me, steps not ladder into pool is essential and also gated or alarmed. I also like the pool to be right outside the back door rather than a little walk away, and planfor a house that's not too remote so you can cone and go for nice strolls and restaurants. However, even though Minot a fan myself, a resort holiday could've the easiest option with young kids who will have lots of entertainment and constant fun. Good luck

Costacoffeeplease Tue 05-Jul-16 07:03:15

For me, anything except AI or camping - private villa with pool tops everything

ShanghaiDiva Tue 05-Jul-16 07:25:53

Agree with Costa.
Rather stay home that do AI.

Hersetta427 Tue 05-Jul-16 08:03:25

Does the SC apartments have a pool? If so I would definitely say 2 and 3. We hired a villa when DD was 2 for two yrs running and I came back and felt like I hadn't had a holiday. Too much cooking, cleaning, making beds etc - felt like being at home. At least with the second two (especially the 3rd option which the kids will love the most) you will get a break. Choose a good AI holiday and they will gets kids clubs and day to night entertainment and lots and lots of other kids for them to make friends with. My two now age 8 and 4 love them so that makes me happy too, but it depends on who you pick a holiday for...yourself or the kids.

Costacoffeeplease Tue 05-Jul-16 08:09:06

Did you not have a maid service with your villa Hersetta? Ours always did - and we ate out or barbecued/had salads - not at all like being at home!

Hersetta427 Tue 05-Jul-16 08:21:05

No, It was a straight private rental. nothing other than someone coming in to clean the pool.

Trills Tue 05-Jul-16 08:33:52

AI when they are old enough to go to kids clubs.

Something more apartmenty or villa-y when you want to put them to sleep for a bit in the daytime but still hang out somewhere pleasant yourselves.

Costacoffeeplease Tue 05-Jul-16 08:48:07

That's very unusual

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now