I know this has been done 1000 times before but London hotels...

(9 Posts)
Bouncearound Sun 03-Jul-16 12:56:17

I've searched through old threads and checked as many recommendations as I can but not found anything yet confused
I'm travelling with 12 yo dd to London for one night in August. I can't get my bearings as to where everything is and need to find a hotel near a tube station and preferably under £100- is that impossible?! I'd prefer it within 30 minutes of Victoria/ Paddington and have been searching for what seems like weeks... No issue sharing a double room but twin would be better- any recommendations much appreciated!

FeckinCrutches Sun 03-Jul-16 12:58:49

Which tube station? I normally stay in Southwark or Covent Garden Travelodge, both within 5 minutes walk of a tube station and normally between £75-£100

FeckinCrutches Sun 03-Jul-16 12:59:33

What are you actually doing in town? A show? Where do you need to be near?

HermioneWeasley Sun 03-Jul-16 13:00:26

Loads of premier inns and never stayed in a bad one.

lovelyupnorth Sun 03-Jul-16 13:02:11

We stayed at the holiday inn in Kensington for £100 B&B right next to the tube.

FeckinCrutches Sun 03-Jul-16 13:03:06

The new Premier Inn hub is fab

Bouncearound Sun 03-Jul-16 13:28:04

We're going to see Wicked in the afternoon then need to find somewhere 'nice' for a meal enforce going to a hotel. My geography isn't great grin

FeckinCrutches Sun 03-Jul-16 13:51:38

There is a Premier Inn at Eccleston Square, I think it will be classed as London Victoria

tribpot Sun 03-Jul-16 14:12:13

I normally stay in the City of London because it's quieter. My fave is the Grange St Paul's (you can guess where that is!) which you can get at a reasonably good rate as a mystery hotel on lastminute.com. Alternatively the Premier Inn at Tower Hill. That one and the ones at Tower Bridge and Tate Modern all still have rooms for 99 (I chose the 17th August as a random date to have a look).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now